Under the spotlights (3)

Today was the day of Yelena's big concert and to be honest, you were a bit nervous. Of course, you wanted to come and support her but you weren't so sure about facing the people who insulted you behind their screens everyday.

Your girlfriend still didn't know about it though, which meant you had no excuse to stay home. You even needed to put a smile on your face and look happy. Everyone would say you didn't love Yelena if you didn't so

" Hey babe. " Your girlfriend sat next to you and put an arm around your shoulder. " Are you okay ? "

You nodded, struggling to maintain a neutral face.

" You know you can just remain backstage and wait for the concert to be over if you don't feel comfortable. "

At those words, you froze and glanced at Yelena. She had no reason to suggest this as you had always come on stage with her. Did she know something ?

" I'm fine, El. " You forced yourself to smile. " You really don't have to worry about me. "

Your girlfriend gave you a very concerned look but to your great relief, she let it go. You knew this concert was very important for Yelena's career and the last thing you wanted was to ruin this opportunity for her.

" Go play and give your fans what they want Lena. I'll be fine. "

Yelena hesitated again. You were expecting her to leave the room but instead, she hugged you tight.

" I love you Y/n " The blonde kissed your head, obviously struggling to pull away. " And nothing will ever change that. Okay ? "

" Okay"

Yelena nodded before finally standing up, letting out a deep sight. Maybe it was just the light but you somehow got the impression that her eyes were glassy. Why was she upset ?

Before you could add anything, Yelena left to join the stage. This was a really important concert and you just hoped she would be okay.

.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The note of Yelena's group's last song was heard and the whole crowd started cheering and clapping. You were still uncomfortable among them but couldn't help yourself and started screaming as well.

You had been to almost all of your girlfriend's concerts and yet you could feel this one had been even better than the other. The blonde was...glowing. Literally.

" Thank you everyone, thank you. " Yelena waved at the crowd with an adorable smile. " I'm so happy so many of you were here today to live this incredible experience with us. "

She smiled again and you expected her to leave the stage, as she always ended her concerts that way.

" I know you're expecting me to leave now. " Your girlfriend confirmed your assumption. " But there's something I need to say first. It's about my amazing girlfriend, Y/n. "

You gasped at her words and the whole crowd went silent in expectation.

"I'd like to say you all know her but given what I've been able to read, most of you really don't. And neither do you know me. " Yelena stopped talking and stared at her fans with a blank face. " Truth is, there are so much things I could tell you about Y/n because, really, I could spend hours just talking about her. I will only tell you one thing tonight, though. The only thing that matters. My girlfriend she...she's the most precious thing I have on this earth and the best person in my life. No one could be better for me than her. No one. And it hurts so much to see so many of you can't see that."

Once again the blonde interrupted her speech, her voice having broken after her last sentence. You didn't think you had ever seen her this upset on stage before. She was always careful to keep a mask on around her fans but it didn't seem to be working tonight. Not when she was talking about you.

"If you're here, you must care about me at least a little bit. Right?" Yelena sighted, looking truly exhausted.

Everyone cheered in response but even that didn't make your girlfriend smile.

"Alright, then I'm begging you, leave me and Y/n alone. I and more importantly her do not owe you anything. Not an explanation about our relationship, not a justification for anything that we do, nothing. I'll say it once and I won't say it again. If the hate my girlfriend's receiving doesn't stop then I'll have to end my career here."

You gasped again, unable to process what Yelena had just said. Giving her fans' as well as the group members' faces, they weren't expecting that declaration either. She was truly ready to give up on everything she had worked so hard for, her music, her dream just...for you? How was this possible.

"I know, I know. This sounds like a radical decision. But I don't care. Because Y/n is more important than anything. If I lose her then nothing else matters and I will do everything in my power to protect her. Y/n..." Yelena's eyes stopped looking a the crowd to focus on you only. " I love you. And I'm sorry for...for everything. I know I messed up really badly but...you're my forever. Please, let me show you I can do better."

She seemed so vulnerable again and your heart ached for her. She had just offered to give up everything for you, how could you be mad at her?

You could feel everyone staring at you and it should have been terrifying. Except you weren't afraid of them anymore. Your girlfriend obviously needed a hug and you were going to give her one.

Running through the crowd, you finally climbed on the stage and let Yelena scooped you up to kiss you. This was another really intimate thing you would have never dreamt of doing in front of so many people.

But fuck it, you had had enough of this comedy as well. The blonde was right, you didn't owe anything to anyone. She was yours and maybe it was time to show it to the world.

Yup the end feels a bit rushed but oh well, I tried my best. I promise I'll try to update another one shot soon.