Fire on fire (2)

It's slightly different from the request I received but I hope you'll appreciate it anyway.

It had been about a week since your argument with Natasha and you were finally starting to feel relaxed again.

The first days had been really hard as you were constantly worrying about every possible ways the redhead could find to hurt or manipulate you but it was better now.

If Natasha had really been planning on sending Wanda to mess with your head, she would have already done so. Maybe she had finally realized that you were her little sister's person and shall not be harmed.

You sighted at the thought, knowing that the chances of it being true were very slim. You still didn't speak a word of russian and couldn't fight like a super spy or kill people with your bare hands. To the redhead, you would never be worthy of Yelena.

"El." You called out loud, looking for your girlfriend. "Where are you? You promised me we would watch the Grinch together tonight!"

You still didn't get any answer which got you kinda worried. Yelena was trained to hear even the faintest sounds, if she wasn't replying there was definitely something wrong.

You kept calling and calling in vain before deciding to go check in Yelena's room. It had never happened before but maybe the blonde had simply fallen asleep and couldn't hear you.

"Yelena!" You knocked at the door. "Are you in here?"

Someone cursed out loud which you immediately found suspicious. You knew this voice and it wasn't your girlfriend's.

"Okay Kate, whatever you're doing I'm coming in."

You pushed the door open and the sight that welcomed you made you want to throw up. Kate wasn't doing dirty stuff in your room with some random strangers...Yelena was in bed with her.

"Y/n!" The blonde pushed the covers back to reach out to you. "Please, I can explain."

She was still in her underwear which brought you a slight feeling of relief. However you couldn't unsee the kisses marks on her neck and cheeks, the exact same color as Kate's lipstick.

"I'm afraid there's nothing you need to explain Lena." You frowned, trying to keep your voice cold and distant. "It's already more than clear enough. I'm done here."

You slammed the door, ignoring your girlfriend (or rather ex girlfriend's) pleadings behind you. Hot tears rolled on your cheeks as you headed towards your room and you wiped them angrily.

You didn't want to give Yelena that, she obviously didn't deserve your time or pain anymore. Except it couldn't be that simple could it?

You and the blonde had been dating for what seemed like forever, she was almost a part of you at this point. You couldn't just brush this treason away like it was nothing when you felt as if your heart had just been run over by a bus.

You had been so, so happy. Everyone said (well except Natasha and her witchy girlfriend of course) said you belonged together. Why had Yelena done this? What had she finally decided she wanted to put an abrupt end to your story?

"Because you didn't deserve her." The voice in your head whispered, strangely close to Natasha's "Because she knew Kate was more worthy of her."

You shook your head, trying to keep the dark thoughts away. It was so unfair to blame yourself for this when really, you were the victim here. You had only ever treated Yelena with kindness and respect, how did you deserve that?

And yet, now that the thoughts had crossed your mind, your couldn't unsee it anymore. How Kate always did better in training than you. How she was tougher, stronger, closer to the blonde in more ways than one.

You had refused to listen to Natasha for such a long time but now, you understood. You were weak, too weak to be worthy of anyone's love. And especially not of a badass super spy's.

Yelena would go with Kate, very well. That's what she deserved, really. But you wouldn't stay there to watch it happen.

Still crying heavily, you started grabbing your stuff on the floor to put them in your suit case. You had no idea where you would be heading but surely, you couldn't stay here.

Whatever Yelena had to say didn't matter. She would never see you again.

Natasha's pov

"Nat" Wanda gave me a small smile as she entered our room. "It is done, Y/n is leaving."

"Finally." Relief washed over me and I smiled back. "I couldn't wait for her to finally leave my sister alone. What did you do?"

"Oh, you know." The witch shrugged "Nothing complicated. Just found out her biggest fear and made it happen with a little trick. Let me assure you that we won't see her before a long time. If she ever comes back."

I laughed at this. I knew Y/n was weak but I hadn't expected this to be so easy. She was even less worthy of Yelena than I had thought.

I went on with my day after this, enjoying a Y/n free campus. But my world was suddenly turned upside down by a detail I had slightly overlooked. My little sister and her dumb sensitive heart.

"Nat, have you seen Y/n?" Yelena came to ask me, obviously very worried. "We were supposed to train together but she never made it and now, I can't find her."

"I have no idea"

One glance was enough for my sister to understand I was lying. I was really good at this but how were you supposed to use the lying tricks you had learnt on someone who had been trained to do the exact same thing?

"I know there's something you're not telling me." Yelena seemed angry this time. "What did you do Nat? What did you do to the girl I love?"

Well, that was surely going to be interesting...