Under the spotlight

Or the one where Yelena is a really famous singer and your relationship is revealed to her fans.

You cracked an eye open, feeling Yelena's arms around your waist.

You smiled and carefully untangled yourself from her to drop a kiss on her forehead.

You loved mornings like this, when the blonde was all yours.

When she wasn't Yelena Belova, the famous singer everyone knew but just your Lena.

Dating a celebrity was tough because it often felt like you had to share your girlfriend with complete strangers.

But none of them got to wake up in Yelena's arms every morning.

None of them got to see her completely relaxed and vulnerable like this.

After giving the blonde another gentle kiss, you grabbed your phone to check the news.

And that's when you froze completely.

" Lena, Lena wake up ! " You shook your girlfriend as gently as possible. " You need to see that ! It's really important ! "

Yelena jerked awake and her sleepy smile immediately turned into a concern expression  when she saw your face.

" What's wrong my love ? " She asked. " Did you have a nightmare ? "

" They know about us.
They know ! "

The blonde turned white as you showed her the video one of your friend had just sent you.

It was an edit of you and Yelena made with photos of the romantic week end you had enjoyed together a few days ago.

You were clearly kissing each other or holding hands on every pictures meaning denying anything was now pointless.

The video had become viral during the night and had already five  hundred thousand views.

" But we were so careful ! " Yelena whined behind you. " How did this happen ? "

" How doesn't really matter El. " You sighted. " We have to deal with this, fast. "

" I'm gonna introduce you as my girlfriend Y/n. " The blonde stated after a few minutes of thinking. " Maybe talk about it in an interview or make an instagram post. "

You nodded before realizing Yelena's eyes were full of tears.

" Hey, hey it's okay. " You pulled her into a comforting hug. " It wasn't your fault El and we're going to figure it out. I promise. "

You held your girlfriend for a while as she cried, knowing how hard this was for her.

Of course, this didn't have anything to do with you as she was more than proud to have you as her partner.

You had already talked about this and Yelena just wasn't ready to come out to her community.

After a difficult childhood marked with homophobia, the blonde needed some time to accept her sexuality.

And it wasn't just about that.

Better than anyone, your girlfriend knew how cruel the world of fame could be.

Which is why she had done everything in her power to protect you and your relationship from it.

But it was too late now. For the better or for the worst, you and Yelena couldn't hide anymore.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
One month later

It had been one month since the video had been released.

One month since your girlfriend had been forced to reveal your relationship to the world.

It hadn't gone as bad as she feared.

Most of her fans were supportive of her sexuality and loved to see her happy and cared for.

But still, your life had been changed forever.

You could no longer go anywhere without being recognized and chased after.

Couldn't post or comment anything without it being analyzed by crazy fans.

You had no idea how Yelena had been able to live with that for so long because, really, it was exhausting.

And this wasn't only about your new found popularity.

Some of your girlfriend's fan, if they didn't mind her being gay, still thought you weren't worthy of her.

They were always waiting for you to make a mistake. To say something you weren't suppose to say or do something you weren't suppose to do.

You often received hurtful messages or stumbled on videos openly criticizing you.

Truth was, most people were convinced Yelena was bisexual and wanted her to date well...a man.

The main problem was Finn Williams, the drummer of Yelena's group.

He was nearly as popular as her and for some reason, their fans thought he would be a better fit for the blonde.

Yelena had already told him multiples times she wasn't interested but he kept on flirting with her.

Which gave people a reason to make edits of them. And criticize you in the comments, of course.

Yelena didn't know anything about the hatred you were receiving.

She was rarely on social networks and so had never seen the hurtful comments or videos targeting you.

You knew the reasonable thing to do was to tell your girlfriend about it before things got out of hand.

But somehow, you couldn't bring yourself to do it.

Yelena would blame herself for everything even though it wasn't her fault.

You knew how worried she was about her celebrity affecting you and you didn't want her to feel guilty.

Or maybe, deep down you were scared the videos were telling the truth.

You had never understood how the most stunning and talented girl on the planet could find you attractive.

What if watching those edits made Yelena realize she deserved better than you ?

What if she left you for Finn ?

Those ideas were ridiculous and you knew it but still you couldn't bring yourself to tell Yelena.

Which is how you found yourself sobbing on your bed alone after seeing yet another comment section filled with Yelefin (stupidest ship name EVER) shippers.

" Y/n ? " Your best friend's Kate
asked before entering the room.
" Is everything alright ? "

" How...How did you get in
here ? "

" You gave me a key, dummy. " The brunette smiled lightly before coming to sit next to you. " Is this still about those dumb videos ? "

" Hum...yes. "

" Y/n...you need to tell Yelena about this. She's the only one who can fix the problem. "

" But..." You let out a shaky breath. " What if she sees the videos and realizes they are right ? "

Kate stared at you for a few seconds and finally let out a small chuckle.

" The only idea of Yelena giving up on you for some stupid guy is funny to me. " She regained her composure to pat your back.
" Seriously Y/n, you and I both know she is gay as fuck. And not only that. Yelena is like so into you. This girl looks at you like you're her north star..."

You nodded at Kate's words, feeling slightly better and turned off your phone.

Some people in the video's comment section were being particularly cruel and you didn't want her to see that.

She would force you to tell Yelena everything and you were not ready for that.

But you would talk to your girlfriend soon. Of course you would ...