Who do I need to kill ?? (Kate x reader)

You're a black widow assassin (like Yelena) and are also in love with your best friend Kate. Unfortunatly for you, she has a boyfriend. Or does she ?

You were in front of your best friend's apartment, about to sneak in through her window (that's something you did a lot and Kate didn't seem to mind.)

You two were not supposed to see each other that night but the brunette hadn't returned any of your calls and you were getting worried.

Leaving you without even a text was really unlike Kate. Besides, you knew she was supposed to go on a date with Toby (her boyfriend) earlier in the evening .

You didn't trust the guy and since Kate hadn't told you she was fine, you felt the need to check up on her.

Call it best friend instinct but you knew something was very wrong.

" Kate ? " You called before getting in. " Are you in here ? "

You didn't get any answer and since the apartment was completely dark, you first assumed that your best friend wasn't here.

Then, you heard a noise coming from her room. Walking carefully, you slowly pushed the door open.

Kate was lying on her bed, face buried in her pillow. She often slept in this position so you didn't find it particularly weird.

You only understood something was really wrong when you noticed that your best friend's shoulders were shaking.

You opened your mouth to speak but found yourself unable to say a word.

Truth was, you were terrified.You were terrified because you had no idea what to say, what to do to make Kate feel better.

It wasn't just any girl shaken by heart wrenching sobs. It was your best friend who was only ever giggles, sweet jokes and happiness.

You had never seen her cry once and now that it was happening you felt completely powerless.

" Katie, what's wrong ? " You finally managed to blurt out, sitting next to Kate's shaking body. " Did something happen ? "

The brunette didn't reply anything, turning over to bury her face in your chest instead.

Confused, you finally wrapped protective arms around Kate and started whispering sweet words to her.

You had absolutely no idea what was happening but now was not the time to ask questions.

Your best friend needed someone to comfort her and you were more than happy to be this person.

After a while, Kate pulled away and went to bury her face in her pillow again.

" Katie, can you look at me please ? " You asked, feeling that the brunette was hiding something from you. " I won't force you to talk but I'd like to make sure you're okay. "

" I can't." She whispered. " You'll get mad if I show you. "

" I won't, I promise." You tried hiding your nervousness but it was futile. " Now please let me see. I'm really getting worried."

Kate sighted byt finally raised her head. When you saw her black eye and bloody nose, your blood ran cold.

" Who did this to you ? " Your voice shifted from very concerned to the one you used when you were about to kill someone. " Who was it Kate ? "

" See ? I told you you'd get mad." She huffed sadly.

" I'm not mad..." You crossed Kate's doubtful look and corrected yourself. " Not at you at least. I just want to know who did this so we can have a talk."

" It's nothing, really. Toby's been a bit more agressive than usual but we will figure that out. We always do. "

Two words remained stuck in your mind as guilt settled in. Toby and usual.

Her boyfriend had been hurting Kate for who knew how long and you hadn't seen anything.

Fuck, you were one the deadliest assassin on earth ! What good was that if you weren't capable of protecting the girl you loved ?

" He's been hitting you." You stated, trying to prevent your voice from shaking. " He's been hitting you and I...God how could I be so stupid ! "

" Don't say that." Kate gave you a small smile. " Toby usually makes sure to hit me in invisible places when he gets angry. You couldn't have noticed anything."

She looked at you and here eyes were so desperate you immediately started to think of a good place to hide Toby's body.

The river ? Nah, the corpse would eventually end up floating. Maybe you could burn it ??

" I'm scared..." Kate admitted after a while, tears rolling on her face again. " I love him but I'm afraid someday he'll go too far. I don't... I don't want him to hurt me. "

" He won't." You genuinely tried to calm down. " He won't because I swear if he ever lays a finger on you again I will take care of him. And it won't be a peaceful death, trust me. "

You were expecting Kate to get at least slightly mad at you but she didn't reply anything.

She just clung to your body like it was her lifeline. And that's what made you realize just how terrified she was.

" Sleep Моя любовь." You kissed her head. " It's getting late and you should get some rest."

Kate nodded against your chest and asked you with a small voice :

" If I close my eyes, will you stay ? "

" Of course." You rubbed her back. " Я влюблен в тебя (I'm in love with you), I would never leave you alone. "

" What did you just say ? "

You opened your mouth to explain but ended up deciding to just hide the truth.

" Good night. I said good night."

" Good night then Y/n "

Kate closed her eyes and almost immediately dozed off. She always
fell asleep so fast when she was with you. Probably because you made her feel really really safe.

" This world doesn't deserve you Katie." You whispered,running your hand through her hair.

You looked at your best friend. The girl you thought was the most perfect creature in the entire world. The girl you had been in love with for as long as you could remember.

Imagining ever laying a finger on her made you feel sick. How could you be in love with someone and still decide to hurt them ?

Kate leaned into your touch, lightly brushing her face against your fingers like a kitten. The most adorable kitten you had ever seen.

After a while, your best friend's breathing went really deep, meaning that she was fast asleep.

You slowly got out of the bed and dropped a light kiss on Kate's forehead.

" Я скоро вернусь (I'll be back).

You made your way to the widow, shooting one last glance at the girl you loved.

You hoped Toby had enjoyed his life because he didn't have much time left.

I may or may not write a part 2 to this but there will be more Yelena before. I just wanted to try one story with Kate to see how it goes. Please tell me what you thought of it and don't worry, this was just a test. I'm still going to focus mainly on Yelena.