Wounded bird (Katexreader)

Kate didn't tell you she was the mysterious hero working with Clint. You're not too happy when he brings her home wounded.

You were dozing off on the sofa, waiting for your girlfriend to come home.

You were a bit worried but you knew her new job with the avengers kept her really busy.

Kate hadn't told you much about it, just that it was safe and didn't involve her fighting against dangerous people.

You hated the idea of your girlfriend putting herself in danger and you always needed to be reassured about her safety.

You were about to give up and fall asleep when someone came crashing through your window.

Jerking awake, you immediately rushed towards the sound and was met with Clint.

He was supporting a girl about your age with a purple suit and a hawk mask.

" You're the hero we see on tv every day right ? " You asked enthusiastically. " Kate will be so excited to see you when she gets home ! "

The girl let out a groan and that's when you noticed the knife sticking out of her tight.

" Y/n, she's hurt. " Clint gave you a pleading look. " You need to help her, I know you're good with this kind of things. "

" Of course " You nodded, trying to hide your nervousness. " Here, lay her on the couch. Make sure she doesn't fall asleep while I go get my first aid kit. "

You casted one last glance at the girl who was slumped against her partner, obviously fighting to stay conscious.

She needed help and fast. Otherwise, there was no way she would survive this.

Running out of the room, you grabbed what you needed before coming back.

" Okay, take off her mask. " You told Clint before carefully lifting the girl's shirt. " She can't breath properly with it. "

Seeing that he wasn't doing anything, you gave him an annoyed look.

" Come on ! Do you want to save her or not ? I won't reveal her secret identity to anyone if that's what you're worried about ! "

" It's not that. I...just promise me not to get mad or panick okay ? "

You nodded, confused but aware of the fact that there was no time to waste.

Clint sighted before finally removing the girl's mask.

" Hi my love. " Kate whispered groggily, struggling to keep her eyes open. " Please don't be mad at me. "

You opened your mouth to say something and tears quickly filled your eyes.

You simply couldn't believe this was happening. Only one or two seconds ago, the girl bleeding out on your couch was just a random stranger.

Now she was the girl you loved. And everything felt suddenly too real.

" Y/n I know you're scared but you can't let it stop you ! " Clint put a reassuring hand on your shoulder. " Kate needs
you ! "

You swallowed hard before nodding hesitantly. You were probably more nervous than you had ever been but Kate would die if you didn't do anything. And this was NOT an option.

" I need to get the knife out first. Then I'll clean the wound and stitch it up. " You pointed at the first aid kit. " Get me some bandages and disinfectant while I deal with the knife. "

Clint nodded and you turned to face Kate again.

" I'm not mad at you, sweetheart." You whispered, brushing a strand away from her forehead. " But I will be if you let sleep take over. Now is not the time to take a nap okay ? "

Kate was too weak to say anything but she nodded very slightly.

" Alright my love. This is going to hurt like a bitch. On the count on 3. One, two... "

You quickly pulled out the knife and your girlfriend let out a blood curling scream.

Clint gave you a panicked look but you knew that scream was a positive thing.

Kate was conscious enough to feel the pain which meant she hadn't lost too much blood (yet).

" That's..."

" A shit tone of blood yeah I know. " You sighted, applying pressure on the wound. " Don't just stand there ! If you can't handle the consequences of your actions you might as well leave !"

Clint sighted, obviously hurt by your words. You knew blaming him for everything was wrong but you couldn't help it. He was responsible for your girlfriend's state after all.

You didn't meet his eyes, focusing on Kate's side instead.

" I'm going to stitch you up." You told the barely conscious brunette. " No sleeping okay ? You'll be able to rest soon, I promise. "

This time, Kate didn't answer and you noticed her eyes had drifted shut.

" Shit ! " You exclaimed, patting her cheek to wake her up.
" Katie , I told you you couldn't nap ! Come on, wake up ! "

She didn't react, more and more blood soaking the couch.

Tears threatened to roll on your cheeks but you held them back. Now was not the time to lose your mind, Kate needed you.

Applying more pressure on the wound, you cleaned it before starting to work with a needle and a thread.

Your girlfriend groaned in pain in her sleep and you stroked her hair.

" I'm so sorry, I'm really
sorry. " A tear rolled on your cheek. " I swear I wouldn't be hurting you like this if it wasn't absolutely necessary ".

You finished your work, Kate occasionally letting out a yelp of discomfort and finally bent down to kiss her forehead.

" Is she okay ? " Clint asked, looking at his partner with worried eyes. " I thought she wasn't supposed to fall asleep."

" She can now. " You shrugged.
" Her wound isn't bleeding anymore and her body needs to rest. "

" So Kate will be fine...right ?"

" I don't know. " You let out a shaky breath. " I did everything I could but she lost a lot of blood. It's...up to her now. "

You covered Kate with her favorite blanket, watching her chest rise and fall.

She was alive, she was fine. You kept on repeating those words in your head but you still refused to believe them.

You looked at your girlfriend, so pale and vulnerable with her dirty shirt coated in blood.

And suddenly, you couldn't breath. The adrenaline was gone now that you had treated Kate and you couldn't fucking breath.

" Y/n, hey, look at me ! " Clint put a hand on your shoulder, trying to calm you. " You're okay kid. Kate is okay. You just need to breath now. "

" She was dying..."

" Yeah, yeah I know. " He rubbed your back comfortingly. " But you saved her. You did the right thing ! "

The older man pulled you into a hug and you didn't have the strength to push him away.

All you wanted to do was screaming at him, telling him that all of this was his fault.

But you kept your mouth shut and just let him hold you. Because you knew he was just as hurt as you were and already hated himself enough.

When he finally let go, you felt a bit better.

" You should get some sleep. " Clint suggested. " I can watch over Kate for you. "

" Nah, I need to be there for her. " You gave him a side smile, sitting down next to your sleeping girlfriend. " But you go and get some rest. You can have the guest room. "

He stared at you hesitantly but finally nodded before leaving the room.

You took Kate's hand in yours and sighted deeply.

" I'm with you my love. Please be okay. "

There will probably be a second part to this.