Burning up (2)

" All right, do you think you can get up ? " You asked before gently shaking Yelena.
" Hey, don't close your eyes on me, we need to break your fever first. "

She mumbled something impossible to understand and you put your hand on her forehead.

" God you're burning up ! "

Yelena still didn't move or answer anything so you scooped her up and headed to the bathroom. There was no time, you needed to cool her down before her fever got to high.

" Co-cold" She muttered again as you laid her down in the bathroom.

" I know sweetie. " You stroked her hair gently to calm her down. " And I'm really sorry for what I'm about to do but it's absolutely necessary. "

Your girlfriend was completely out of it when you opened the tap but she jerked awake with the freezing water.

She was too weak to speak properly however she did try to get away from the blast, screaming and fighting against your grip.

Even half unconscious, Yelena was way stronger than you and you had a hard time holding her down.

" El please, I need you to stay still. " You asked, hoping the message would get through her foggy brain. " I know it feels awful but if I don't manage to lower your fever I'll have to call a doctor..."

Your girlfriend froze at the word "doctor", her eyes wide with horror.

You knew she had had a very bad experience with doctors in the Red Room. They tortured and sent girls to death when their health wasn't as good as perfect.

" Please n-no doctor. " She finally blurted out. " No doc-doctor. "

Yelena started hyperventilating in the bathtub which made the operation even more difficult.

" Okay, okay, no doctor. " You whispered. " But I need you to stay still alright ? "

Maybe she didn't have enough strength to fight anymore or maybe she really had understood your words but she calmed down and remained still.

" Good girl. It'll be over soon, I promise. "

Once Yelena's clothes and entire body were soaking wet, you turned off the blast.

" You're cooler already. " You stated with a smile after having touched her forehead. " Let's get you to bed, with some rest and paracetamol you'll be just fine. "

Your girlfriend didn't answer and just groaned in pain, shivering in her wet clothes.

" Okay let's put on some warm clothes first. I'm gonna have to undress you if you can't do it on your own. Is it okay ? "

Yelena groaned again and you took this as a yes. You were pretty sure she wasn't conscious enough to understand or even feel what was going on but you still needed to tell her what you were about to do.

Being undressed without a proper reason had happened to her enough in the past. You didn't want to trigger a flashback or a trauma response when Yelena was already very unwell.

When you were done helping your girlfriend putting some warm pyjamas on, you scooped her up again and took her back to Natasha's bedroom.

Going out was taking the risk to be seen and you were sure Natasha woudn't mind anyway.

You tucked your girlfriend in bed and kissed her on the cheek. Her skin was much cooler than it was before the bath which was a reassuring sign but you still coudn't stop yourself from worrying.

Yelena was usually so lively and full of energy. Seeing her like this, almost unresponsive and too weak to take care of herself was terrifying.

" Okay sweeheart." You whispered after having given your girlfriend some paracetamol. " I'm gonna go find you some warm soup. I'll be back soon alright ? "

This time, she replied with a real nod and the weight on your heart eased a little. She had understood you perfectly, she would be alright.

You headed toward the kitchen, hoping to find something warm to help your girlfriend.

There wasn't any soup left and making some would take a lot of  time. Yelena couldn't stay alone for too long so you settled on a cup of tea and brought it back to the room.

When you went back to the room, you found your girlfriend with her eyes closed and started to panick slightly.

" El ? El I'm back I made you some tea ! Please answer me ! "

The blonde didn't wake up but she snuggled closer to your hand and let out a happy sight.

Her forehead was almost back to its normal temperature and her breathing calm and steady.

She wasn't unconscious, just fast asleep after a very exhausting day.

" You scared the shit out of me you know." You whispered, kissing her head. " But I'm glad you're okay now. "

You laid down next to her, wrapping your arms around Yelena's frame.

You intended to stay awake and keep an eye on her but  exhaustion quickly took over you and you soon, you fell into unconsciousness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When you woke up, the sun was shining outside and Yelena was snuggled in your chest.

You stayed still, just watching the girl you loved sleeping peacefully until she finally opened her eyes.

" Y/n ? " Yelena asked with her cute and raspy morning voice. " Why am I here ? What happened ? "

" Well I found you in your sister's wardrobe. You were very sick. " You touched her forehead lightly. " I gave you a bath and then put you to bed. Hopefully your fever broke during the night. "

You kinda expected her to yell at you, to be angry or resentful. But the only thing you saw when you looked her in the eyes was shame.

" Lena..." You brushed your thumb against her cheek. " It's alright you know ? You have nothing to be ashamed of. "

" But I do. " She turned away from you, hiding her face. " I was weak. I let you take care of me when I'm the one supposed to take care of you. If anything had happened, I couldn't have protected you. "

" Nothing happened, love. " You cupped her face, looking her straight in the eyes. " You don't have to be strong all the time. Remember what I told you ? A relationship goes both ways. You take care of me and I take care of you. Okay ?"

" Okay. " She smiled a little. " But please tell me I didn't do or say anything weird."

" You were out of it most of the time so no. " You couldn't help but laugh. " But it would have been pretty funny. "

" Hey ! " Yelena threw a pillow at you, laughing as well. " I'm still a bit sick, you can't make fun of me like this ! "

You threw her another pillow and she caught it, giving you a happy smile.

" Thank you. " Your girlfriend finally said trustfully. " I can be so stupid sometimes but you're always here to fix everything. "

" Hey you're not stupid okay ? Some things are really hard to unlearn that's all. " You kissed her forehead. " But promise me you won't hesitate to come to me if anything like this happen again. I just... I just want you to feel safe around me. "

" I promise. " She kissed your nose in return. " But just so you know, I do feel extremely safe around you. I didn't think you would hurt me if you found out I was sick. I just didn't want you to see me like this. "

You didn't reply anything and just hugged her very tight. You hoped that one day Yelena would understand that you didn't care about how she looked. You didn't care if she had nightmares or if she was sick.

You just wanted her, all of her. The tough girl who was always there to protect you but also the vulnerable one that needed you to look after her.

You were in love with Yelena after all and that's what love was, wasn't it ?

Okay, so this is the second part. Don't hesitate to leave comments, I absolutely love reading them ☺️.