Burning up

When Yelena gets sick, she hides to avoid showing her weakness to anyone. Hopefully she has a wonderful girlfriend who is there to take care of her.

You were walking around the compound, looking for your girlfriend.

She hadn't showed up at your morning training session which was very unlike her and you were starting to get worried.

You had already looked in every places you could think of but the blonde was no where to be seen.

Something felt very wrong and you didn't like this. You didn't like this at all.

" Hey Y/n, are you alright ? " Steve asked, entering the gymnasium after you. " You seem very worried. Can I help you with something ? "

" Well yeah actually. " Your voice shook despise yourself. " Have you seen Yelena ? I can't find her anywhere..."

" Oh... No I haven't. " He seemed genuinely sorry which was nice but not helpful at all. " But you should try calling Nat. Maybe she'll be able to help you. "

" Right. " You nodded thankfully. " It doesn't sound like a bad idea. Thanks a lot ! "

He smiled and went to start training as you excited the room to call Nat.

" Y/n ? " She immediately asked with a worried voice after picking up the phone. " Is everything ok ? You usually never call me when I'm on a mission. "

" Yeah, sorry about that. I just..." You hesitated. " Yelena is missing and I'm very very worried. "

" Ok, I need you to answer a few questions for me. Can you do that ? "

" Yeah..." You were a bit confused but trusted Natasha to know what was the right thing to do. " Go ahead. "

" How did you find my sister the last few days ? Was she acting perfectly normal or did something seemed of, like her performance in training or the way she ate ? "

" Well I... " You tried looking through your memories and noticed some weird things. " Yelena did seem a bit weird yesterday. She barely ate at supper and seemed to be struggling to stand on her legs. When I asked her if she was alright, she snapped at me. "

" Ok perfect. " You heard her breathing nervously. " I know what she's probably up to. She'll be ok but I need you to hurry. I have no idea how bad it actually is. "

" How bad what exactly is ? "

" Her sickness Y/n. " Despise her attempt to stay calm, you could feel her shaking through the phone. " You're not familiar with the rules she had to follow in the Red Room but I am. Sickness is weakness and weakness means punishment or death. She's hiding because she does not want anyone to know she's sick ! "

" Really but..."

" There's no time for questions right now, just listen to me alright ? My sister loves hanging out in my room when I'm not on the compound so she's probably there. I can't come back juste yet but I'm counting on you ! Go help her please !"

She hung up before you could say anything, leaving you all alone to deal with this difficult situation.

You headed to Natasha's room, trying desperately to keep your calm.

You felt guilty for not having noticed something was wrong sooner and you were also insanely worried.

The words "sickness" and "I don't know how bad it is" resounded painfully in your head. You could never forgive yourself if anything had happened to Yelena.

Once you reached Natasha's room, you typed the code she had given you on the phone and quickly entered.

" Yelena ? " You didn't mean to scream but couldn't help it. " Yelena if you're here please answer me ! "

" Y/n ? " A weak voice came out from Natasha's closet. "If it's you please go away, I'm fine. "

Of course, you didn't listen to her and rushed to open the doors of her hiding spot.

" Hey ! " Your girlfriend whined, hiding her eyes from the light. " I told you I was fine. "

You looked at Yelena, her flushed cheeks, her foggy eyes and her tiny body shaking with fever. And you felt your own heart breaking in your chest.

Seeing that you were not going away, your girlfriend carefully got out of the closet.

" You want me to train with you, that it ?"  She asked, struggling to stand on her legs. " I'm coming don't worr..."

Before Yelena even had the time to finish her sentence, her knees gave up on her and she fell on the floor, shaking even harder.

" Lena ! " You screamed, cupping her face as she struggled to keep her eyes open.

" I'm f- fine. I'm just so col-cold. "

" No you're not my love. " Your voice quivered despite yourself. " You're not fine but that okay. It's okay not to be okay. I'm going to take care of you. "

So this is the first part, I'll publish the second soon. Please tell me what you thought 😎.