Taken away (5)

Trigger warning : Mention of blood and suicide attempt.

You closed your eyes, desperatly gasping for air.

Until the last second, you hoped that Yelena would somehow be strong enough to resist the mind control. But she wasn't. No one would be.

You kicked and screamed in an attempt to free yourself as your were already half unconscious.

The pain in your throat and head kept growing until you welcomed the darkness with opened arms.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You opened your eyes and were met with Natasha's very concerned face.

" Nat ? " You asked, confused. " Did Yelena kill you too ? Are we in heaven or..."

" No, no we are both very much alive. " The redhead gave you a small smile. " But you got a concussion and... Yelena almost chocked you to death. "

" How..."

" Are you still alive ? " Natasha finished your sentence.
" Tony managed to make an antidote while my sister was unconscious. When she woke up and attacked you, I used it against her. "

" Okay... And how is she now ? "

The redhead avoided your gaze which immediatly told you something was wrong.

" It's...complicated. " She finally let out. " I think Yelena feels really guilty about what happened and with the mental and physical torture she had to endure before we got to her..."

" Where is she ? "

Natasha opened her mouth to speak but you interrupted her.

" Trying to stop me from seeing m'y girlfriend is pointless, you know that right ? "

" The bathroom. She's in the bathroom. But be careful, you're still wounded. "

You shrugged before getting up and were immediatly hit by a wave of dizzyness.

" Are you..."

" I'm fine. " You pushed Natasha away as you walked towards the door. " But Yelena isn't so no matter what you say, I'm going to see her. "

You got out of the room and that's when you realized something really problematic : Yelena always climbed to the rooftop when she was upset. So why was she in the bathroom ?

Maybe because that's where razors blades and medications were stored...Shit, shit, shit !!!

Ignoring the pain in your arm and legs, you started running towards the nearest bathroom and pushed the door opened.

Your girlfriend was curled up in a ball on the floor. You could see that she was sobbing but that's not what worried you the most.

There was a puddle of blood slowly forming underneath Yelena. Way too much blood to come from a normal cut.

" El !! " You screamed, running towards her. " Oh my god, what did you do ?? "

The blonde didn't move and you grabbed her left wrist. She had used a blade to cute herself and it was bleeding pretty heavily.

All you wanted to do was yelling at your girlfriend but there was no time to waste. At this rate, Yelena would be gone in a few minutes.

Grabbing a towel, you pressed it as hard as you could against your girlfriend's wrist which caused her to let out a cry of pain.

" Yelena look at me. " You grabbed her chin, holding her wrist with your other hand. " Please look at me ! "

The blonde's eyes finally met yours and you could see they were already half closed.

" I'm taking you to the medbay. " You forced her to get up, trying to prevent yourself from crying. " You need stitches and then we will talk. "

As Yelena refused to move, you scooped her up and hurried out of the room. You coudn't lose her now. And especially not like this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You wiped out your cheeks before taking a shaky breath. Your girlfriend was okay but you had no idea what would have happened if you hadn't made it in time to save her.

Or actually, you did. Yelena would have killed herself and you would have lost her forever.

" Why did you do this ? " You asked the blonde next to you.
" Please El, I want to help you ! "

She didn't answer, tugging at the bandage on her wrist instead.

" Is it because of me ? " Your voice broke despite yourself. " Did I do something wrong or...? "

" No ! " Yelena reacted this time. " No of course not ! "

" Then what happened ? "

Your girlfriend glanced at your bruised neck and tears welled up in her eyes.

" I hurt you. I promised I would always protect you and I almost chocked you to death. "

" It wasn't your fault. " You stated firmly. " It wasn't your fault. You had no control over your actions. "

" Dreikov let me out so that I could kill you and everyone else on this compound " Yelena sighted deeply.  " He wanted to break me by forcing me to destroy the people I cared about the most. And he almost succeeded. "

" Maybe. But ultimatly, he didn't. "

" Only because Tony and Nat managed to save you. Otherwise I would have..."

" Lena..." You put a reassuring hand on her shoulder. " It's not only thanks to them you know. Even under Dreikov's control, you manage to regain enough lucidity to give me time to escape. "

The blonde still refused to look at you so you tried again :

" I get why you tried to...well do what you tried to do. You felt so guilty about the whole situation you thought you didn't deserve to live anymore. But guess what ? You do. Because you saved me Yelena. You sacrificed yourself so that I could be safe. And for this will always be my hero. Always. "

You hugged your girlfriend tight and soon, she relaxed in your embrace.

" Promise you will never try to leave me again. " You whispered against her ear. " Please, I can't live without you. "

" I promise. " Yelena answered before hugging you even tighter.

And that's all you needed to hear.

So this is the end of this serie. I will probably write a Kate x reader next.