Cold as ice

Your bestfriend Kate is the captain of your college's ice hockey team. You have a crush on her but she doesn't know about it. What happens when she gets hurt during a match ? Also, Kate is not straight in this I promise.

" She will be alright you know that right ? " Your friend Yelena patted your shoulder. " Kate's the best hockey player of this school. No one can defeat her and certainly not the Lions. "

You nodded, still struggling to brush away your anxiety. Of course, your best friend was an amazing hockey player but...the team she and her teamates were about to face was different.

The Lions were known to be the most brutal and dangerous ice hockey team of the whole league.

They had never played a match without causing at least one player of the opposite team to get seriously injured.

You were particularly worried about their captain, Anna Brown. She was an extremely violent player and she always went for the opposite team's captain (meaning Kate).

Your best friend wasn't defensless but you still couldn't help but worry. Kate was...probably the best thing that had ever happened to you and the thought of her getting hurt was unbearable.

You were currently in the Hawk's locker room, waiting for your best friend to arrive.

You were not really supposed to be here but the other players didn't mind your presence. You made their captain happy and a happy captain was indispensable to win.

" Watch over her okay ? " You asked Yelena with a worried sight.
" Please ? "

" I'll try. " The blonde nodded. " But I'm this team's goalie so I don't have much power over what happens on the ice you know. "

You opened your mouth to speak but were interrupted by someone hugging you from behind.

" Kate ! " You beamed, hugging her back.

" That's me ! " The brunette smiled at you which made your heart beat faster. " Thanks for coming today Y/n, really. I don't know how I could do this without you. "

" Anything for my best friend. " You grinned. " You're going to crush them Kit-Kat, I know it. "

" Hey, don't call me that ! "

Kate tried looking offended but her cheeks visibly turned pink instead (or maybe this was just your imagination.)

" Yep, that's what happens when you put two gay idiots in the same room. " Yelena smirked, making the both of you blush like crazy. " Seriously, when are you guys going to get together ? "

" Shut up Lena ! " Your bestfriend nudged her playfully. " We're just friends okay ? "

" Yeah " You added, trying not to show your disappointment. " Just really close friends. "

" Sure, whatever you say. "

An awkward silence fell on the room as Kate and Yelena finished to get ready for the match.

After about five minutes, both of them were done and you got out of the room together.

It was time for Kate to join her team and give her traditionnal speech before the match.

" I see you during the break. " Your bestfriend gave you a bright smile before planting a kiss on your cheek. " And don't worry about me, I'll be fine. "

She was gone before you could tell her to stay safe or recover from her kiss. Gosh, this girl would really be the death of you someday.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
" Bishop Bishop Bishop ! " You screamed along with the crowd as Kate was once again about to score.

Your bestfriend was always gracious but here, on the ice, she was litteraly mesmerizing. So fast no one seemed to be able to keep up with her. Not even the opposite team's captain.

You watched the brunette raise her stick and send the puck right into to the Lions' goal.

The crowd went wild as the Hawks were now leading 3-2. No one had ever beaten the Lions before and Kate had just brought her team inches away from a historical victory.

When the break was annonced, all the players left the field and you quickly got up to find Kate.

There would probably be lot's of people around her but you knew she only cared about one person's congratulations, yours.

You were about to reach the locker room when someone bumped into you, spilling their water bottle on their shirt.

" Hey ! " The person yelled at you. " Can't you just watch out ! "

" You're the one who bumped into me ! " You fought back, knowing you hadn't done anything wrong. " Plus, there's no need to get angry like this ! "

" Yes there is ! " The girl raised her head and you were surprised to recognyze the Lions' captain. " Do you even know who I am ? "

" Yep. " You smirked. " You're Anna Brown. The girl whose ass is being kicked by my bestfriend. "

The captain's face went red and she grabbed your shirt, pinning you against the wall.

Fuck, you had forgotten how bad tempered that girl was known to be.

" Repeat that. " She looked so mad you were scared she was going to hit you. " Repeat t..."

" What's going on here ? " Your favorite voice in the world interrupted her. " Y/n ? "

Kate's face quickly went from surprised to angry. Like really angry to the point she almost looked scary. Your bestfriend was always so goofy and sweet it was easy to forget that she could also be dangerous.

All the training had made her really strong and muscular and she was also taller than average. Anna probably realized that too because she dropped you immediatly.

Your best friend helped you to your feet before standing protectively in front of you.

" Do not touch her. " Kate growled with a cold and agressive voice you had never heard before. " You're mad because you're losing, that's understanable. But do not bring Y/n into this you understand ? If I see you trying to hurt her again, you and I will  have a serious problem. "

" Got it. " Anna nodded with an ominous look on her face. " I won't touch your precious little girlfriend Bishop. But be careful on the ice. Accidents happens really fast. "

She was gone before you could say anything. You were still pretty shaken up and hugged your bestfriend tight.

" Y/n, I'm all sweaty and disgusting ! " Kate chuckled, hugging you back anyway. " Don't you want to wait for me to take a shower ? "

" Nah, I need a hug now. " You buried your face in her dark locks. " Please be careful okay ? That girl seemed pretty serious when she threatened to hurt you..."

" I'm faster and stronger than her you know. " Kate rested her forehead against yours. " But I'll be careful, I promise. "

You stayed like this for a long time, craving each other's warmth and touch before your bestfriend started talking again.

" Y/n..." She whispered.

" Yes ? "

" I think..." Her eyes travelled to your lips and a shiver ran down your spine. " I think I need to tell you something. I l..."

" Kate ! " A voice called her. " We need you, the match is about to start again. "

" Shit, I gotta go. " The brunette sighted before getting away from you. " But this conversation isn't over okay ? "

" Okay. "

You gave Kate an encouraging smile and watched her leave, hoping she would come back to you safe.

So this is the first part. I'll update the next one as soon as possible.