Little sister (2)

In those, Natasha has never been captured by the Red Room which explains why she's so innocent and does not know much about guns and wounds. Also, 12 years old is too old to fit this storyline so let's say she's like 7 or 8.

" Hi sweeheart. " You brushed Yelena's cheek gently as her eyes fluttered open. " How are you feeling ? "

The blonde made a face that obviously meant " Like shit " but forced a smile when she saw that Natasha was here.

" I'm...fine. I'm absolutely fine. " She groaned in pain before grinning at her sister. " Everything is okay маленький, I promise."

Natasha made her way to her sister's bed and laid down on her lap. The added weight caused your girlfriend to wince again but she quietly motioned you to let the redhead do.

After having almost lost her, holding her baby sister was obviously more important for Yelena than her own comfort.

" I'm...going to leave you two alone. " You kissed your girlfriend's forehead, understanding that the two girls needed some privacy.
" Just call me if you need anything okay ? "

Yelena nodded weakly and you left the room, still very worried about her.

" Is your girlfriend awake ? " Bruce asked as you entered Tony's lab. " How's her leg ? "

" Yes, Yelena's awake and as for her leg... I don't think it's so great. " You sighted. " She hid it pretty well because of Natasha but I'm sure she was in pain. "

" Well this bastard litteraly busted her knee." The doctor looked at you with a sorry face. " She's really lucky to be alive you know ? "

You nodded because of course you knew. You would never forget the vision of Yelena falling unconscious on the ground, covered in her own blood.

Your scream as you tried to cover Natasha's face then the run across the compound to get Yelena to a doctor.

The wait, endless wait, outside of the surgery room and, finally those three words. Probably the sweetest you had ever heard beside Yelena's first I love you : " She will live. "

" Hey. " Steve, who was also in the lab, nudged you gently.
" Yelena is okay and the guy who attacked her will pay for what he did. He's been sent to another base for his trial and justice will be done. "

" Justice will be done but it won't fix my girlfriend's knee or make her feel better will it ? If only I had shot this asshole..."

" Then you would have blood on your hands and trust me, nobody wants this. " Steve gave you a gentle smile. " Just talk to her when she feels better okay ? I'm sure you two will figure it out. "

You nodded, feeling slightly better and was about to leave the room when Bruce stopped you.

" Y/n, send me Natasha please. I can watch her while her sister is resting. My patient is in no state to look after an 8 years old kid. "

You nodded again, knowing that this was necessary even thought Yelena would probably hate it.

When you went back to your girlfriend's room, you saw that she had fallen asleep again, probably knocked out by the pain killers she had been given.

Natasha was still sitting on her sister's lap, surprisingly calm. You gently picked her up anyway because you knew it woudn't last.

The kid was absolutely incapable of remaining quiet more than two minutes and Yelena needed her rest.

" Lena ! " The redhead cried, reaching out for her sister. " I want to stay with Lena ! "

" You can see her when she wakes up okay sweety ? " You kissed the top of Natasha's head. " I'm going to take you to Bruce, he has lollipops, remember ? ? "

She smiled, her tears already forgotten and let you bring her to the lab. There, you let her in the hands of Banner and the two started to play a game together.

Natasha looked so happy,so blissfuly innocent and unaware of what was happening around her.

She looked just like a regular 8 years old little girl. Because Yelena had managed to protect her from the horrible things herself had had to face at the same age.

Sighting, you finally made your way back to your girlfriend's room.

She was still sleeping but her face didn't really seem peaceful anymore.

It was sweaty and twisted with pain.Even in her sleep Yelena couldn't catch a break, could she ?

There wasn't much you could do so you just sat next to the bed and held your girlfriend's hand, occasionally stroking her hair or whispering sweet words to her.

" Y/n..." She muttered groggily after around one hour. " Where is Natasha ? "

" With Bruce." You gave her a reassuring smile. " You needed to sleep and he offered to watch over her for a bit. "

Yelena simply nodded, not satisfied but too tired to say anything.

" Baby ? " You asked as her eyes were fluttering close again. " I just wanted to tell you I'm really sorry for what happened.I wasn't strong enough to shoot and now you're hurt..."

" Not your fault. " Yelena mumbled. " It should have never left Natasha alone in the first place. If there is someone to blame for what happened, it's me."

She was unconscious again before you could say anything and you felt your heart aching in your chest.

After everything that happened. After almost getting killed saving everyone, Yelena still blamed herslef.

She wanted to be strong, to protect everyone even if it meant not protecting herself.

You kissed your sleeping girlfriend's forehead before whispering :

" When will you stop carrying the weight on the world on your shoulders my love ? "

I know it looks like the end but it isn't. I'll publish another part soon 😊.