X O X O PT.5 | BLACKTAN

[The following events happen within the same day of part 4]

There's nothing like a cold open to celebrate the beginning of a new season. Despite the years that have gone by, it seems like our Seoul Socialites still know how to make a booming pilot for a show to look forward to.

We've got our eyes on you. 

XOXO,

you'll never know 💋

"jisoo," hoseok spoke into his cellphone, "where the hell are you? we've been trying to reach you all morning."

he tapped his shoes against the marble floors, waiting for an answer from the brunette on the other side of the line. kim jisoo was many things: sociable, loyal, intelligent... but, she was a bitch and she knew that well. in fact, hoseok rather believed that she was proud of it. 

"i appreciate the concern, hobi," she remarked, sarcasm already lacing her tone, "and it's rightfully due. i'm at the hospital, after all."

hoseok halted. the room was suddenly filled with nothing else other than a pregnant silence.

"are you alright?" he asked with genuine concern. 

"of course," he could feel her roll her eyes, "i can't let satan get to me that quickly."

he closed his eyes then took in a deep breath. she had always been proficient in the art of getting onto his nerves and he was always so gullible enough to believe every lie she told him.

"be serious, soo. why are you there?"

"i was serious, hobi and if you must know, i'm here to see jungkook."

"liar." he replied.

"oh, it's true this time." her tone was flat and without a hint of amusement. 

there was something very wrong with that. 

he knew how much she disliked Jungkook, and nothing, not even being bribed with the newest Dior piece, would compel her to visit him. why would she, presumably jetlagged from an 11 hour flight, go out of her way to make time for him?

"...don't break his arm." hoseok cautioned.

she snorted. "can i break his other leg then?"

"ji-"

"just kidding. just kidding," she clicked her tongue, "i'll be there in an hour. don't stress. you'll get white hairs and you're already aged as it is."

just as he was about to reply with a snide comment of his own, he heard the beep that signalled the end of the phonecall.

'she's only a year younger than me, but she thinks i'm a relic,' he thought, 'maybe she'll turn into a mummy the moment she turns 26.'

"sir?" hobi turned around to face his secretary.

secretary oh was a man well into his 40's, but the delighted glint in his eye reminded hobi of a little boy. he couldn't help but reciprocate the jovial attitude.

"mr. park is here."

'ah. figures.'

"hyung, it's been too long," jimin greeted as he entered through the threshold. his arms were spread wide, ready to wrap him into an embrace. his eyes were in crescent slits and his lips were stretched into a wide grin.

"jimin, how have you been?" he asked.

"same old, same old," the younger man waved his hand dismissively, "and you?"

"never been better," he walked towards the shelf on the east side of the room, "please take a seat. so, what brings you here?"

hoseok grabbed the decanter of whisky and two glasses before walking back to the small living room set conveniently positioned in the middle of his office.

"i came here on business-related manners." the smile turned smaller, but it was certainly still there.

"and i thought you dropped by to see how i was doing." hoseok quipped chiefly.

"well, that is still part of the agenda," jimin chuckled as he took one of the cups and started to sip on the alcohol.

park jimin was hired by the jung corporation as soon as he graduated from business management. some may call it nepotism, because his father was a member of the board of directors, but hoseok believes that jimin would still have been accepted with his own merits.

it's been a good few months since hoseok had last seen him, and within that timeframe, the man seemed to change. he still seemed as cheerful as ever, and from the monthly reports they were submitting from the busan sector, he still seemed very much enamored with his job.

...yet, he seemed tired. not in the traditional sense, per se. there were no bags under his eyes. he didn't even look nauseous or sore but there was a small sigh that would come out of his mouth once in a while. that made all the difference.

"what's the issue, then? i heard that everything's been doing well in busan."

jimin clenched his hands. "someone's committed embezzlement."

"what?" hoseok nearly jumped up from his seat, "how much?"

"two billion won." jimin sounded weary and regretful.

"who?"

"park chanyeol." 

"where-"

buzzes from their phones stopped hoseok from continuing. he harshly reached into the pocket of his pants, eager to get this over with.

A scandal and a crime sure are an effective way to create rancor.
R better be careful. She has something to do with both.

XOXO,
you'll never know 💋

•••
Hello, everyone! I'm not sure when I can continue writing, but I will try to finish XOXO in the future. Consider this a little treat (I guess lol)

Stay safe, get vaccinated!

-soo.