A R R A N G E D - PT. 1 | JINSOO

hello, everyone! i am so sorry for the lack of updates :<
been a bit busy lately. :<
i hope you enjoy though! ❤️
...
jisoo adjusted the ruffled turtleneck of her dress. she looked around the table and took notice of all the influential women in attendance— im yoona was sharing a cocktail and idle chitchat with kim hyuna. park chaeyoung was busy showing something on her phone to park sooyoung and kim yeri. song yuqi was doing something bizarre as she giggled with mina myoui and park sandara.

it felt a bit weird. this wasn't jisoo's scene. all the intricate and delicate pastel colors and all the carefully handled and beautifully decorated teacups were not her thing. the frilly dresses and saccharine sweet conversations were a bit odd and out of place for her liking.

blinding neon lights, blaring music and boundless amounts of booze, now that was her typical tuesday night scene. maybe she'd be out at one of her friend's bars; maybe yoongi's or maybe lisa's. they'd have a few drinks before wasting the night away dancing on the crowded club floor. then maybe she'd drink a glass of water, then drive home and enter her million-dollar condo. then, she'd be alone.

alone.

on second thought, maybe spending the night with these ladies wouldn't be so unpalatable. though this wasn't what she was accustomed to, maybe she could find a little bit of fun within seoul's high class inner circle.

"jisoo, darling?" hyuna tapped her shoulder causing her to look into the older woman's hazel eyes. jisoo smiled before answering, "yes? is anything wrong?"

"oh, nothing at all," hyuna answered before placing her glass onto the clothed table, "you've been a bit quiet. what's on your mind?"

"just a bit busy with work. that's all." jisoo waved her hand off dismissively. to be fair, she was still caught up with all the deals to be made before her father steps down from the chairman position.

jisoo will be inheriting the rank and she can't proceed without any proper preparation and briefing. she wouldn't want to be the reason of the company's downfall. after all, kim holdings has been at the top of the market for the past decade and she was determined to keep it that way.

"are you sure it's just with work?" hyuna teased, her eyebrows raising up and going down as she implied a non-existent relationship. "come on, babe. who's the lucky man?"

all the girls stopped what they were doing and looked towards jisoo with anticipation. of course, if jisoo was in a relationship with an eligible bachelor, that would mean chairman kim would gove his blessing, and when they get married that would mean all the women at this table would be invited to witness the matrimonial ceremony.

jisoo was taking it back. spending time with these ladies was soon going to be irksome.
...
a few minutes after the girls's attempted interrogation, jisoo was already out the door. with a well-timed phone call from kim jennie and a creative excuse of an emergency, she was free from the inevitable questions coming her way (if she stayed longer that is). jisoo was riding the elevator down to the ground floor, where her car was parked. she paid no attention to the several savvy cars lined in the parking space and immediately entered her own.

she was ready for a quick change at home and a cup of coffee from her favorite café, and all she needed to do was expertly maneuver her vehicle outside the space. hah, that wasn't happening anytime soon.

you see, kim jisoo would never claim to have aced the art of driving. learning about it was simple and seemed hassle free, but when you sat behind the wheel, it was another story. but out of all the places in the world, she never hoped to cause an accident in a parking lot.

she immediately turned the engine off and walked out of the car when she saw a man topple over directly behind her trunk. she was panicking, but prayed to the heavens that it was only going to be a minor injury. and hallelujah, did they listen.

the man had one his knees kneeled onto the floor. his other leg was used for support as he hunched over his foot. his hand was covering the said foot which was why she thought she had caused some damage.

"i am so sorry! are you hurt? do you need any help?" she asked in one go. "should i call an ambulance?"

her voice turned softer when the said man stood up and faced her. he was a lot taller than she was, plump and link lips, fair skin, raven tendrils and squinted eyes caused by a confused grin.

"i'm sorry? what are you sorry for?" he asked. by the looks of it, he was befuddled with the whole situation.

jisoo groaned in realization. she smiled, embarrassed. "didn't you get hit by my car?"

"not that i remember of." he chuckled, "why? was i about to?"

"i think so. i'm really sorry, i must've misread it. i thought you got hit cause you stumbled onto the floor." she explained. her eyes remained in contact with his, and although she was a bit intimidated, she couldn't help but deny how attractive this man was.

"oh, no. i was tying my shoes. i'm really sorry that i caused you to panic. i'll be extra careful next time."

"hope that there won't be a next time!" she gasped and her eyes widened.

the man chuckled. "i will. my name is seokjin, by the way. you're kim jisoo, right?"

"yes, i am. if you don't mind me asking, how do you know?"

oh, and he knew her name too. he must be part of the business atmosphere to be able to identify her that quickly. she wasn't that known to the public, although she was well-acquainted with the influential circle of people.

"you'll figure out soon. i'll see you at dinner, kim jisoo."

seokjin walked away, leaving her perplexed. what the fuck just happened?