X O X O PT. 2 | BLACKTAN

this takes place years after the first chapter.

•••

"and what is your relationship with the patient, ma'am?" the nurse asked as she started to type data into the computer.

lalisa looked at her impatiently and fiddled with the plastic flower on the desk-counter separating the both of them. she showed the medical professional a lopsided grin before lowering her chanel aviators, "i'm his wife."

she was immediately escorted into the hospital room as soon as the words left her mouth. the private suite at the top most floor was nothing short of what was expected for a jeon-- aside from being fully air-conditioned, a sundeck overlooking the hospital gardens was also within the vicinity, the room had it's own grooming facilities, a spare room for family members who wanted to stay over, and a closet to store belongings. all of them were made from high calibre material.

lalisa dumped her hermes handbag onto one of the cashmere couches and walked towards the hospital bed. her hands folded and her mouth was twisted into a snicker at the sight of her bedridden spouse.

"well? what do you have to say for yourself, mr. jeon?" she tapped her foot against the floor impatiently.

jungkook, hearing her words, openned his eyes immediately and replied to her with equal animosity, "i don't have to explain myself to you."

she scoffed. "of course." she turned her back and ruffled through the dozens of fruit baskets sent to him by their family members.

it's been two days since he was sent to the hospital, and it was only now that she could be bothered to visit.

ever since their junior year in high school passed, the couple always shared a dysfunctional dynamic. thankfully, they did not fail to push through with the arranged marriage planned for them beforehand; however, they were still passive-aggressive towards each other. they only bothered to put on the show of an ideal couple in social gatherings, but when they were alone-- chivalry and mutual respect could fuck themselves.

since lalisa was infuriated at the prospect of his cheating stint back in the summer before junior year, she couldn't be bothered to make amends with him. she had been humiliated in front of the student body and in front of her superficial circle of socialite friends outside of school-- she felt like she couldn't handle keeping a boyfriend because she wasn't good enough. jungkook, tired of his own incessant apologies and explanations, allowed their already tattered relationship to crumble down.

"you need to eat." she said blankly, handing him a plate of sliced apples.

jungkook cocked a brow. "did you put poison in here?"

lalisa looked at him with mock surprise, "darling, if i wanted to kill you, i wouldn't do it in a hospital. you'd have a chance to survive."

he rolled his eyes and startes nibbling on the pieces of fruit. his next meal wasn't going to be in a few hours and he was direly hungry.

"i'm surprised that you gave me a visit," he said after swallowing down his food.

she snorted. "i wouldn't if i had the choice-- you have your mother and sister to thank for that. this morning they burst through the airport doors just as i arrived and narrated a dreadful story about how you were injured."

she was in new york city on the day that he had tripped down the stairs and ended up giving himself a sprained ankle. she had some work to catch up on there and she couldn't just ditch it out of nowhere.

"however, seeing that you can still talk, i can conclude that it isn't that bad. besides, it's a sprained ankle, you don't even have to be here by now."

"this sprained ankle could lead to a number of life-threatening medical cases for your information. without me, jeon empire cannot function properly and a legal heir cannot be made. so if i die because of this sprained ankle, i'm putting a lot at risk here." jungkook explained haughtily.

lalisa didn't bother to reply and turned the television on, switching channels to look for a good show to watch.

"kookie? it's eunha."

hearing the voice from outside, lalisa sarcastically applauded her hands. "this is more amusing than any drama on air-- imagine, it's happening in real life! the husband is inviting her mistress while his wife is with him."

wonderful.

marvelous.

fantastic.

exceptional.

bullshit.

jennie and chaeyoung have berated over and over again that she was being too harsh with her husband. he had apologized many times in the past, yet lalisa firmly stood her ground. those two girls could never fathom why, but jisoo had been a witness to all the monkey business jeon jungkook was involved in ever since they got married. not only did she choose to ignore his pleas of redemption due to her humiliation, but because jungkook had the guts to repeat his actions over and over again.

when nobody answered the door, eunha entered on her own accord. she was shocked seeing lisa sitting on the sofa, her body clad in expensive clothing and her hands dripped in exquisite jewelry, but overall she was pleased. she wanted to show that lalisa that she was the triumphant one, because even though she was the wife, jungkook still did not let eunha go.

as soon as the pititul mistress entered the scene, lisa's gaze went from the front door to her phone. it beeped in her hand, and she gasped when she saw the notification-- it was from the gossip forum established by her batch back in their univeristy days.

'It looks like someone is attempting to steal the queen's crown. Does this mean a cat fight is about to ensue?

We'll have to wait and see.

I know you missed me, my dear circle members.

xoxo💋,
you'll never know.'

***

hey, everyone! how are all of you doing? it's quarantine season and i can't believe how scarce my updates have been 😪

please stay safe and practice social distancing. also, please do not hesitate to message me if you need someone to talk to. we're all losing our minds atm.

-soo 💕