T A N N I E | TAENNIE + YEONKAIKUM

i've always wanted to write with a theme like this, so i guess you'll be getting that now. 😂
on a side note though, it may suck.
lowercase intended.
...
yeontan barked loudly when he heard the front door of the apartment open. he ran to the entrance of his home, hopping along the way— something one of his owners, jennie, found very adorable.

today was no different than the other days when the couple that took care of him came home from work (what they did, he didn't know, but he often saw them on television when one of the helpers who looked after him accidentally left it on).

well, at least, that's what tannie thought.

he was a bit surprised when taehyung, his other owner, settled two boxes in the middle of the living room. surely, this couldn't be fried chicken. fried chicken didn't bark and they didn't smell like dogs.

in fact, fried chicken never said anything and smelled like something tasty.

when the barks were getting louder and incessant, tannie felt the need to bark back. he wagged his tail around as he circled the two boxes; surveying what was inside of them from the small, several holes on the carton.

jennie opened the boxes with a gummy smile tannie only saw when she was playing with him, and he couldn't help but feel jealous to know that someone was making her smile the way he did. two little puppies came out of the boxes— one of them, the same breed as him and the other was a cocker spaniel (but he didn't know that, to him they were just dogs; end of discussion).

if yeontan could talk he would have already asked both jennie or tae what these two were doing here, but he couldn't and the only way he could communicate with his parents was through barking, which didn't exactly help since neither jennie nor taehyung knew how to speak dog.

"tannie," taehyung picked him up and held his fur-covered back against his coat clad chest, "meet your new siblings!" he excitedly introduced, making sure the canine could see the two puppies waddling about on the floor.

jennie was excitedly petting the dogs as she sat on the floor with them. taehyung was planning to do the same as the man placed him onto the ground and plopped down next to his wife.

if yeontan had human eyebrows, he was sure they would have been furrowed to the utmost degree. who were these uninvited guests and why were his owners paying more attention to them rather than him?! he was way better looking (no question about that since seokjin told him that when he visited not too long ago) with dark and tailored fur, and he was sure as heck he was more well-trained than those two. if he could scoff, he would have.

yeontan had the urge to bark loudly when the brown coloured pup was making it's way towards him. he didn't know their names, and he wasn't interested. instead, yeontan walked away from jennie and taehyung. he found himself inside their bedroom. seeing his bed, he immediately made himself comfortable. when he was about to place his head on the comfy cushions, he shot up when he saw that there were two other dog beds inside the room.

if yeontan had human eyes, he would have rolled them. but he didn't, so he settled for growling very loudly. he left the bed again and walked through the dog door. he ran his way to the living room and quietly sat beside the couch to focus on the tv. if he wasn't going to get some peace of mind inside his own sleeping quarters, he might as well pass time watching his favourite show.

or maybe not.

since jennie and taehyung were gone (he didn't know where they were exactly, but he had a guess that they were in the kitchen because of all the clanking pots and kitchenware), the pups were roaming around freely around the living room, much to tannie's annoyance.

"hey, what's your name?" the pomeranian barked excitedly when he saw yeontan, "my name's kuma."

"yeontan." he barked back. he didn't wanna be rude to them. after all, if his owners heard these two crying, he would get in trouble. of course, yeontan had managed to piece it all together by now. these two were gonna be staying in his home with him forever, because just like him, jennie and tae had adopted them. he didn't like that. not one bit.

"oh. cool name." kuma barked some more.

the other dog in the room was making its' way towards him too, but yeontan was too engrossed in lee jong suk's acting rather than them.

"my name's kai!" the other dog had apparently arrived in front of him. he wasn't as lively as the other one, and yeontan had already made up his mind that he preferred this kai rather than kuma.

"come on, everyone. time for dinner." jennie called. she entered the living room with three dog trays. she settled each one of them on the floor and waited for each dog to come closer. she made sure that they weren't fighting over which bowl they would get over to first. when she was satisfied, she left the three dogs and went to join her husband in the dining room.

"i've never had a hyung before," kuma barked happily when he was half way through his bowl, "i think i'd like having an older brother."

"yeah! having an older brother would be cool. i think yeontan hyung would be cool." kai barked in agreement.

yeontan stopped eating for a moment to glance at them. so, they were gonna be his siblings?

surprisingly, he didn't mind it as much now.