M A R R Y M E | HOPESOO

"We have to get married."

"Look, I love you, Soo," Hoseok replied as he stuffed another spoon of ice cream in his mouth, "But not to the point where I want to get married to you."

The fact that he ended his statement with a scowl made Jisoo frown. "But we've been friends since forever! Please, Hobi! Just this once."

"You have to understand where I'm coming from, Soo. This is marriage we're talking about! This whole thing is a life-long commitment. You forcing me into matrimony without even being in a romantic relationship is destroying its sanctity."

"But this is just temporary—"

"Exactly my point!" He interjected.

"But it's not gonna be held in a church! We'll just participate in a legal-bounded marriage without the whole spiritual bond," Jisoo flung her hands in the air, "Look, we'll only be legally hitched until the law allows us to file for divorce."

"Uh huh, and what are you gonna say when we file for it?" Hoseok crossed his arms over her chest.

"We'll think of something. Just trust me on this please!"

-
"I now pronounce you as man and wife," the officiant smiled at them happily, unaware of the true origin of their shotgun marriage, "you may kiss the bride."

"Is it really required?" Jisoo asked, her face contorting.

Hyun sik's eyebrows raised, a bit off guard at her inquiry. "If you don't want to do it, then don't."

"Well then," Hoseok dropped Jisoo's hands carelessly and bowed towards the older man, "thank you."

Hyun sik left the office with his eyes narrowed as he stared at the newly-wedded couple— doubting their whole ordeal.

"Your parents are going to kill you for this," Jimin said with a smirk.

Chaeyoung and Jimin both served as witnesses to their wedding. Having the rest of their friend group here would have been total chaos, and it was far too early for them to deal with that. Besides, these two were the best at keeping secrets and being hush-hush about things.

"I don't mind," Jisoo shrugged her shoulders, "Besides, dad cares too much about his image to have blood tarnish his hands. If I die with people knowing that we had a misunderstanding, rumors will spread."

"He was talking about my parents, Soo. not everything is about you." Hoseok rolled his eyes at his bride.

"You disrespectful brat." Jisoo almost lunged at him when Chaeyoung wrapped her hands around the older girl's waist.

"Congratulations, unnie!"

-
"Kim Jisoo!"

The booming voice of Kim Sunkyung echoed throughout the household. He was livid, seeing as his only daughter disobeyed his commands and strayed from the path he wanted her to follow.

Kim Jisoo was to wed Kim Seokjin, the son of a very powerful business tycoon in the Korean economy. Strengthening the bond between the companies owned by these families will ensure total success over future business ventures and rocketing profit from the market, and what better way to seal the deal than with a marriage between the two heirs of the company?

It was completely unnecessary in Jisoo's eyes, after all, a contract signing bounded by law was already enough proof that there was an agreement between both businesses. All the marriage hullabaloo was just an extra side dish of the main course, what could that marriage possibly add to the raising sales in the stock market? What? Will them being husband and wife miraculously build an empire in a day?

That was what her father believed, so he was persistent in sending her off like she was some sort of bait on the tip of a fishing rod. She was as furious as her father, who wouldn't be? Throughout her whole life, she had been prepared to take over a company not to be the perfect wife.

She was content seeing her father yell and writhe with distress at her careless actions.

She sighed and stood up from the white couches of her father's office. Dusting off the invisible specks of dust from her skirt and picking her bag from the table, she walked towards the door.

"Now, you finally know how it feels to be betrayed." Jisoo turned the door knob and left not sparing a glance at him.
-
"Are you okay?" Hoseok asked once she stepped inside his car.

Jisoo flashed him a weak smile before shaking her head. Tears started cascading down her puffed cheeks as she willed herself to prevent crying.

Seeing her in this state broke his heart. They've been close friends since high school, and she's never seen her break down. She was always cheery and sarcastic— always finding the positive side of things even when everything was turning to shit.

He moved in his seat, and wrapped arms around her shoulders. Jisoo's heads leaned against his chest as she continued bawling her eyes out.

Hoseok knew Jisoo and her father had a very rocky relationship. It was never harmful nor abusive, but they seldom talked and it made her feel alone.

While Sunkyung stayed at work past office hours, Jisoo would camp out in the living room, wanting to talk to him about what happened at school or what accomplishments she achieved— she'd always end up asleep when he arrived. On weekends, he'd be cooped up in his room surrounded by work while she was forced to take her swimming and archery lessons. During summer breaks, he'd gift her with a trip outside of the country and every year, she would expect him to tag along with her. He never did and it disappointed her every time, because for once, she wanted to feel like like her father was there.

"Just cry it all out, Soo," Hoseok mumbled.His hands rubbed against her raven locks, down to her shoulders. "Cry it out; I'll be here."

Her father was never there, so Hoseok was determined that he'd step in.

He'd be there for her.

Always.

...

hello, everyone!
it's been a year since shoots was published, and i'd like to take this as an opportunity to send you my thanks. this book really has a special place, considering it's the first one-shot book i've done with a considerable amount of success ^_^.

i feel really humbled that a lot of you take time out of your day to read these stories. i will continue to provide you content to the best of my ability.

again, thank you very much. to more stories, my fellow blinks and army. 🥂

STAY SAFE! ❤️

-soo.