X O X O PT.3 | BLACKTAN

this takes place a week after the second part.
•••

"miss kim, please look here!"

"miss kim, hold that pose!"

jennie continuously displayed dazzling grins to the cameras. her reputation as a renowned fashion designer took a whole decade of detailed and polished planning to come to manifestation. she had put her background, elite status and her parents' reputations to good use. since her mother is a well-known actress and her father is an international award winning director, she gained a huge following on social networking sites. jennie capitalized her career on her parent's fame as celebrities-- when she was in high school and college, she used social media to her advantage, posting her own version of outfit ideas and style choices. now, she was here, at one of the most important annual events in the fashion industry: paris fashion week.

"nini!" a voice excitedly called for her.

jennie's face lit up at the sight of jisoo. her lips spread into a smile as she stretched a hand, ready for the older girl to be clasped. unlike jennie, who was known to be the creative hand and eye of wonderully sculpted apparel, jisoo was the one who introduced the designer's image to the world. she began modelling around the same time jennie opened her first shop. jennie's first runway was jisoo's first gig as a model, and after that, other high end brands have been exerting so much effort in squeezing their ways into her schedule.

the show hosted at the venue today was not for jennie's designs; however, she was personally invited by the designer and she couldn't be any happier to attend.

"it's been so long, unnie," jennie remarked once they were seated inside the hall which was decorated with dangling chandeliers and ostrich feathers. an aisle was given space in between, and the chairs for the guests were placed on either side-- still in close proximity to be able to cogitate and appreciate the designs properly.

"i know! how have you been?"

jisoo and jennie's seats were conveniently placed next to each other, which meant they had the liberty of chatting away before the show began.

"wonderful, as usual," jennie winked, "still busy of course."

"obviously! you're getting thinner and thinner everytime i see you. you should take care of yourself. doesn't that husband of yours know how to cook for you?" jisoo was instinctively acting on her older sister role again, and jennie couldn't help but feel nostalgic of their youth.

"ah, he does. yoongi cooks often, actually, which is why i'm so thin." she joked.

"he needs another cooking session with seokjin," jisoo shook her head in dismay.

although their high school years were long gonez their little posse of eleven still managed to catch up. they held a reunion annually, where each member was forced to attend. daring to consider to ignore the invite would result in an unwanted visit and nagging from both kim jisoo and kim seokjin.

"that's what i said!" jennie remarked with a hint of amusement.

a few years back, jennie and yoongi surprised their friends with a wedding invite anonymously delivered to their door steps. the rest of the group immediately booked their flights back to korea and the then affianced couple immediately got interrogated.

"anyway," jisoo leaned in, "i heard that our sweet chaeyoung has found a new beau."

"what? no way!" jennie gasped, "doesn't she still have feelings for that chanyeol guy she dated back then?"

"well, i can't really confirm. the news isn't from a reliable source, but we can ask her personally at kook and lisa's anniversary banquet." jisoo spoke as she fixed the creases on her skirt.

"they're celebrating?"

"of course! it's their first year of marriage. do you really think their parents are gonna let it pass by without any type of celebration?"

although jungkook and lisa's relationship was dysfunctional and peculiar, both of them still had the decency to act like a lovely, married couple living the ideal life. they were like actors on stage performing in front of their very own audience.

besides, even though they were adults and could make rational decisions for themselves, their parents could not be hindered from meddling in their affairs. aside from a business venture, their nuptials were the result of an ambition to unite two powerful families. both manoban and jeon matriarchs were more invested in the marriage than lisa and jungkook themselves.

vibrations and buzzing noises from their phones made them retreat from the conversation. they simultaneously checked the notifications and gawked at their phone screens.

It's only been a year since we've heard the wedding bells, but it seems like our former high school heartthrob has another girl falling head over heels for him.

Guess our high school drama has been renewed for a new season.

XOXO,
you'll never know. 💋