I L I K E U | TAELICE

언니 - romanized as 'eonnie' / 'unnie'; an honorific used by a younger female to call an older female.

•••

"so, i'll see you at soo's tonight?"

"of course," she smiled sweetly.

"alright. take care, stranger." he winked before walking away from her table.

lisa waved coquettishly, her smile turning more saccharine by the second. when taehyung finally scarpered from the cafeteria premises, lisa collapsed her head on the table.

"what the hell is wrong with you?" roseanne shooed her body away so she could settle in and take her seat.

roseanne park was her closest friend. their friendship started back in pre school when they could barely form tactful sentences. although the blonde was older only by a few months, she was far more mature-- always responsible, always acting in a motherly manner and taking initiative when everything around her turned downhill.

the both of them were currently in the university cafeteria, enjoying a meal while the venue was still void of the usual hundreds of students that entered during lunch time.

roseanne took the her strawberry milk and bagel from the tray before sliding lisa's meal to her side. the cafeteria had cushioned seats attached to the wall with several tables in front of it-- enough to cater at least fifty students.

"i disappear for ten minutes and when i come back you're moping like a baby."

despite her best friend's retort, lisa continued to groan and moan into her arms.

lisa had a huge crush on kim taehyung, but she wanted those capricious feelings to evaporate. she didn't want to deal with the unnecessary stress that accompanied the prospect of having a crush. she didn't want to get all mushy and fill her thoughts with his persona. she didn't want to continuously imagine the bliss of experiencing a relationship with him.

no, feelings were far too much. at first, she thought this little spark of attraction would disappear as soon as it came to manifestation. she thought it would pass within a few months, after all, she had enough on her plate to keep her occupied until the end of term. after the final exams, she'll bid a sweet sayonara to her sophomore year and finally be closer to graduation. it was not the right time to be fantasizing about some boy.

but, fate had other plans. plans that she did not want to be involved in.

there were only three weeks left until the end of term, and the feelings that she expected to dissipate evolved more. she wouldn't say she was in love, yet she wouldn't say that what she was feeling would equate to a mere crush.

she was somewhere in the middle and she wanted to leave. preferably soon.

"taehyung stopped over," lalisa bit into her sandwich and chewed a generous amount in her mouth. cafeteria food wasn't the best, but it was satisfactory. 

"oh? what did you say?" roseanne urged excitedly. she placed the plastic bottle onto the table and turned to face her best friend.

lisa shrugged, "we talked for a bit and then he asked me if i would be attending jisoo's party. i said yes and then he left."

"how uneventful," roseanne rolled her eyes, disappointed.

"what did you expect me to do? confess my undying love and let him kiss me?"

"hm. that's a lot better than what i have in mind."

lisa snorted. "as if i'd ever do that."

•••