S T R A N G E | BLACKTAN

hello, everyone! how are all of you doing?
so, this is a newer version of the strange one-shot i published several days prior. this was inspired by the percy jackson books, but of course, i've added my own changes to some aspects. my writing skills cannot even compare to that of rick riordan (he's a legend ), so please bare with me.

remember to wash your hands, sanitize, stay indoors and keep your distance. i love you, guys! i hope you enjoy. 💕
***
"i really don't understand the importance of my presence here," chaeyoung spoke up as the car glided through the skies, the stars and the moon in full view. occasionally, the blonde would glance down at the illuminated city beneath her. for years, she had spent her nights gazing at the night sky, but now she  was in close contiguity with the blazing balls of gas.

"like i said, grandfather needs you home. he needs all of apollo's children home," jisoo replied to her query with an inkling of annoyance in her voice. she had never met this woman until today, but by just gaining a bit of knowledge at her heritage, chaeyoung knew better than to scorn the child of aries.

at first glance, the brunette belle didn't seem like the scion of a raging war god most citable for his brutality and grit. when chaeyoung saw her at the front door of her apartment, jisoo's lips were painted red, her hazel mane covered with a turquoise and purple infused silk scarf, her body wrapped in an expensive lavender dress and her feet in louis vuitton stilettos. with her style and stature, she resembled aphrodite to a great extent.

she wouldn't even be surprised if jisoo was the godesses' descendant, after all, aries and aphrodite were notorious for their on again and off again romance.

"so, how is everyone back at olympus?" chaeyoung asked, her gaze sweeping over the little trinkets in her savior's car— little sun-shaped illustrations embellished the ceiling of the vehicle, dusted with golden dust here and there; however, the most charming aspect of it was the gold sun sculpture above the car's stereo.

"snappy." she answered with a snicker, "they're so impatient; if they wanted everyone to go home that badly, they could have collected their children themselves! they are the parents, but no!"

"jisoo, you know zeus can hear you," the guy who was driving spoke up after a while, his tone encompassed with wariness.

chaeyoung could only count with her fingers the amount of times she had been able to visit her father in his big, old, glowing mansion. he wanted her to stay with her mother; something about not being able to care for her if she were to live with him. she understood. apollo was the god that dragged the sun chariot across the horizon and that was a job that required a whole day of service.

"let him hear me. see if i care. the least he could do to me is take away my inheritance at this point! i'm powerless and clueless about everything," jisoo replied exasperated. she heaved her breath and continued to glare out of the car window.

"sorry for her behavior," the man apologized on the girl's behalf. chaeyoung smiled back when he beamed at her through the rearview mirror. he pushed away his golden locks before he continued to speak, "i'm hoseok; your brother."

chaeyoung's smile widened. by her brief examination of the internal components of the car (reminiscent of the sun chariot— now upgraded to a lamborghini veneno by her father), she could already tell that the young man was a descendant of apollo. aside from hoseok, there were three other siblings she had met and bonded with during winter; seungwan, taeil and youngjae.

"it's lovely to meet you!" if they weren't in a cramped car, she would rushed to engulf him in a hug, "how come we've never met before?"

"that's kinda hard when i live on the other side of the world," he chuckled.

"ah, how are the others?" chaeyoung asked, her tone pleached with enthusiasm. it's been a long while since she's seen her siblings and the cogitation of meeting them again was exhilarating.

"they're fine. dad's excited to have everyone home."

"hoseok-"

"call me hobi." he flashed her a sincere smile from the mirror.

"hobi, why does dad want us home?"

she couldn't get the image quite clearly when jisoo explained it to her in the midst of an ongoing attack from bewitched beasts in her kitchen (true story). just when jisoo was getting comfortable and assaying to prepare herself a cup of tea, a black hole materialized on chaeyoung's kitchen floor, sucking them in. screeching intercrosses surged almost immediately and the two were left with no choice but to jump from the balcony. thankfully, hoseok and his car came swooping in to save them.

before he could answer, jisoo pressed her hand against her companion's arm, "stop the car, hobi."

"jisoo, we have to-"

"hobi, shut your mouth and listen." jisoo remarked sedately, her grasp on hoseok's arm getting tighter.

the two siblings could do nothing more but listen as the war demigod surveyed her surroundings. her brown orbs squinted and her ears pricked as she heard a sudden crack from above her. as soon as she lifted her head up at the car canopy, her compeers followed. without a second for them to breathe, the metal roof scraped as it was being pulled away from the rest of the vehicle's structure. above it, a troll was peering down at the three of them, a wide grin on its face.

looks of terror muddled with screams erupted throughout the confined space.

"get it off! get it off! get it off!" chaeyoung squalled with fright.

"hobi! step on the gas!" jisoo ordered, shaking his body to educe some sort of movement from the older man; however, the demigod remained frozen and intact with his seat, his face horror stricken. "for fuck's sake!"

jisoo brusquely took ahold of the steering wheel and moved her foot to the gas pedal, maneuvering the car through the darkened night skies.

"dumb kids," the troll muttered, "hold still, will you?"

the beast inserted his hand through the opening he created and proceeded to swing his arm, hoping to catch chaeyoung who continued to thrash around the backseat compartment.

"we have to jump for it!" jisoo yelled through the flurry of action, "on three, we open the car doors and ditch it, alright?"

"what?!" hoseok was revived from his earlier state of shock. this woman was out of her mind! he allocated a huge sum of money from his savings for this car and he wasn't going to abandon it! "no way!"

it was too late to protest since the brunette was counting down the seconds. without a moment's hesitation she and chaeyoung were already quickly descending down the horizon. hobi, left with no choice, unbuckled his seat belt and followed suit.

by some fortuitous divine intervention of the fates, they landed in the waters of long island sound— an area within close proximity to a training vicinity for demigods. it was a camp they had attended since their early years to enhance their combat skills and nurture their godly gifts— camp half-blood was a fair distance away and if they made their way through the forest, they would be reaching the cabins in no time. they could ask assistance from their fellow demigods and chiron to find a way to olympus.

"m-my car!" a palpable somber mood surrounded hoseok's frame. he knelt on the sandy shores and continued to wail over the loss of his beloved car. chaeyoung sat beside him and watched as her brother dramatically wiped the tears from the tip of his eyes. she wrapped an arm around his shoulders and said, "it's okay, hobi, we can always blackmail dad into buying you another one."

jisoo, who was just as drenched in saltwater as the both of them, took off her designer stilettos and heaved a deep sigh. "we better move if we wanna join them for breakfast."

chaeyoung moved from the ground and stood aside, waiting for hoseok. he begrudgingly copied his sister's actions and followed jisoo into the dimly lit wooden precinct.