C R U S H | LISKOOK

Jungkook couldn't help but fawn over Lisa as she entered the classroom a few blocks away from his. She was wearing a bright coloured shirt and faded pants to match— the highlight of her outfit, however, was the wide smile painted across her face.

To Jungkook, looking at Lisa was similar to revelling silently in the presence of a masterpiece. She was a work of art; hiding deep meanings, hard to figure out, but greatly appreciated. He always managed to study the little things about her. The way there was a twinkle in her eye when she was joking around with her friends, the way her eyebrows would furrow when she was in class, or the way she tapped her foot against the floor to match the beat of the current tune she was lending her ears to.

He was whipped. That was one way to put it (according to Jimin), and he admitted it wholeheartedly. Jungkook has had a crush on Lisa for as long as he can remember. He was guessing it started around middle school when she first transferred to his school. At that time, the Thai beauty barely knew how to speak the native language in full sentences, so she signed up for private Korean lessons with a teacher around campus. During those days, Jungkook would always find an excuse to visit the library and catch a glimpse of the studious girl.

Now that he thought about it, he sounded like a creepy stalker.

Whatever.

"Hey, Kook," Jin greeted once the younger picked up his call.

"Hey, hyung." Jungkook was busy stuffing all of his books and nitpicking his locker.

"Can you please buy me some ingredients on the way home? I'll send you the list in a little while."

"No problem."

"Make sure to come home directly after buying them," Jin pleaded, "Oh, and remember to bring an umbrella. It's a bit rainy outside."

Jungkook grabbed the mustard yellow umbrella tucked in behind his books. With a loud huff, he slammed the locker door shut and encoded his password before walking through the illuminated hallways of the school— looking forward to the meal he would be able to devour later tonight.

...

After Jungkook was done grabbing various ingredients from the shelves, he speed walked to the lengthy line of the only available counter in the mini mart. He was a bit frustrated since he was weary from the dance practices he had with his club and with the classes he had to attend earlier in the day. Those, and the fact that he might miss the bus if he was a few more minutes late.

"Next." The cashier lady finally called.

After paying, he grabbed the paper bag and marched outside. He was about to walk away when rain started trickling down from the gloomy skies above. Cursing, Jungkook opened the umbrella for himself and walked back to his university where the nearest bus stop was located.

When he arrived, a soul wasn't in sight. He begrudgingly plopped down onto the wooden bench and waited for the next bus to arrive. Fortunately, it would be happening in the next few minutes. To pass some time, he started looking around the streets. It was nearly empty, save from the university kids exiting the building to cross the street and the by-passers a block away.

Suddenly, his eyes caught Lisa's petite frame walking along the same sidewalk where the bus stop was located. Her earphones were plugged in and an umbrella was saving her from the downpour. She had a small grin as she walked through the puddled cement with a small skip to her step.

Jungkook's breath hitched. She looked breathtakingly gorgeous amidst the rain drops.

The bus pulling up in front of him directed him back to reality. He hastily stood up from his seat and grabbed his bag. He spared one last look at Lisa before jogging into the bus. He sat down on one of the empty seats up front.

He paused.

He had forgotten something but he couldn't recall what it was until a little girl exited the bus wearing a raincoat the same shade as his umbrella.

"Shit."

It was too late to turn back now.

...

"Hyungs, I'm home." He called out when he reached the dorm. He took of his sneakers and dropped his bag on the couch before he walked into the kitchen where he figured Jin would be.

"Oh, hey, Kook." The eldest out of all his roommates greeted. He was busy setting up his phone on one of the top shelves so he could watch videos while he was cooking dinner.

"Hey. Here are the ingredients you asked for," Jin thanked him before grabbing the brown bag from his arms, "Where are the others?"

"Tae's in his room. Jimin is still at dance practice, Joon and Hobi are gonna come home a bit late and Yoongi should be arriving in a few minutes."

Till this day, it still astonished him how Jin managed to memorize their roommates' schedules like the back of his palm.

"Oh, Kook, put the umbrella in the wash room to let it dry." Jin reminded.

Jungkook nodded his head, not bothering to tell his hyung that he forgot the plastic object flung open at the bus stop.

...

After dinner, Jungkook was inside his room. He was dressed in his cloud printed pajamas and was prepared for a well-deserved full 8 hours of sleep when his cellphone dinged. He sleepily reached over and snatched the metallic device off the wooden nightstand.

UNKNOWN
안녕?
Is this Jeon Jungkook?

Jungkook's eyebrow raised at the unfamiliar number, yet he was curious as to who this person was. He or she knowing his name made him even more intrigued.

YOU
Yes. May I know who this is?

UNKNOWN
Ah. My name is Lisa Manoban.
I just wanted to tell you that you left your umbrella at the bus stop near Onjong University yesterday.
A number was written under your name, so I contacted you directly.

Namjoon always joked that Jungkook could just leave his shit on purpose and hope that Lisa would be there to give it back. It was an ingenious idea that he never even thought of doing, and witnessing that Lisa did contact him in an attempt to return the missing object just proved the fact that Namjoon did deserve that 148 IQ he was too shy to talk about.

"HOLY SHIT! JOON HYUNG, IT WORKED!"