S A N D W I C H | TAEROSÉ

NOTE: i really wanna interact with you guys, so if you want to, you can answer these questions:
1.) who/what did you dress up as for halloween?
2.) what's your favorite blacktan ship?
3.) what's your favorite one-shot from this book?
4.) what did you have for breakfast? (that was random)
also, do any of you have any blacktan book recommendations?

please feel free to leave some questions for me too. 🧡
_

taehyung grasped the sandwich firmly within his hands. he could do it, of course he could. i mean, how hard would it be to hand out a home made sand wich to your long time crush, right?

well, it was very hard.

he just couldn't shut up, could he? he just had to bring up park roseanne every time he arrived home from school and his grandmother praised him for finishing his meals. it was hard not to, especially when the girl was very passionate about everything edible, and had the strongest verdicts on even the most mundane food you could think of.

he just couldn't help but blush every time she gasped in awe when he brought out his lunch box, embellished with different ornaments made out of food. he didn't know why he took it as a compliment when it was an obvious nod to his grandmother's creative style, but her cheeks would puff up and she would shyly ask if she could have a bite of his daily repast.

so, when his grandmother heard about this classmate of his, she ecstatically volunteered to garner up something to satisfy the young girl's salivating cravings. the morning after, before he went on his way to school, grandmother kim reminded him to give the sandwich to roseanne. to tell her that it was a present in return for the hearty praises she gave to his halmoni.

he fervidly breathed in and out. it was going to be a piece of cake. what should he say, anyway? maybe something like, 'hello, chaeyoung! my halmoni found out you liked her cooking so here's a sandwich she made especially for you.'

and how would that conversation continue? 'hm? how she found out? well, that's a really funny story, actually. i talk about you all the time with her. haha'

'ha'

'ha'

no. that was not going to happen. he was in middle school for heaven's sake! his grandfather would always tell him stories about the glories of manhood and how he should be stepping up and be a man now that he was growing up. it wasn't his fault 'how-to-give-a-sandwich-to-the-girl-you-like' wasn't in the handbook of virility. much less on wikihow.

"uhm, tae," park jimin, his best friend, seat mate and his number one confidant, "are you going to eat that?"

you see, the confidant thing was a lie. this time it was, anyway. there was no way he was going to discuss that the sandwich was meant to be given to his crush, who also happened to be jimin's younger cousin.

"it's actually for someone else." he explained. there was a sudden shift in jimin's expression. from the shy inquisitive look (the park family were very passionate about their food), it became a teasing one.

jimin's lips turned upright in a mischievous grin. "don't tell me you have a girlfriend?"

"i-i don't!" he immediately denied when five pairs of eyes turned to his direction.

his group of friends were now focussed on the conversation they were sharing. ah, for a moment all of his hyungs (including their youngest friend, jungkook) were occupied with different things— their homework, inane conversations and coloring. those were the good old times.

"oh taehyungie," seokjin smiled cheekily, "there's no need to hide it from us! in fact, we'll help you make sure she doesn't break up with you."

"—not that we believe that you're incapabe of maintaining a relationship. it's merely a sign of friendship." namjoon immediately continued before taehyung misread the situation.

it turns out, it wasn't him who got the wrong idea. it was actually chaeyoung.

the brunette girl stopped at their table (as she did daily) and greeted all of them with a gleaming beam, especially when she heard the implications that taehyung had a girlfriend. "is is true, tae?"

"no, no. jimin misunderstood me," he shot a deadly look at his friend before smiling sweetly, "this is actually for you."

woah. he did it. he actually did it. KIM TAEHYUNG WAS A MAN NOW.

"wah," she gasped, "from you?"

"technically, it's from my halmoni."

"woah, really? she's cool." she took a bite and savored the culinary masterpiece for a second, "by the way, how did she know that i liked her cooking?"

MAYDAY. MAYDAY. ABORT MISSION.