B E A C H | NAMROSÉ

"Unnie, I'll head down to the beach first!"

Chaeyoung yelled from the doorway of the vacation house. With a nod from Jennie, she ran to the stairs and hopped down— ecstatic to feel the grainy sand in between her toes and on her feet.

Though warm to her skin, she loved the feeling and basked in it for a little while before she galloped closer to the saltwater scenery. Seashells of different colors lay deserted on the tanned ground. The blue, crystalline waters looked so pristine that she was very tempted to hop in without waiting for her other friends.

She turned to her right to see a man bent down on the shore a meter away from where she was. His side profile faced her, and from her vision, she could see the stranger cradling something into palms.

She stood on the tip of her toes, trying to see what the blonde male had in his hands.

Sensing her presence, the man looked up.

"Hello?" He muttered, a little unsure.

"Hi! Sorry if I was intruding, I was a little curious." She said shyly. Chaeyoung tucked loose strands of her hair behind her ears, and stared down at her pale feet through the clear waters just to prevent herself from looking at him.

'Great job, Chaeyoung,' She berated to herself. Her face scrunched up, 'Now he's gonna think you're a creep.'

"No, it's okay," He gave her a be-dimpled smile. He stood up from his crouching positing, and walked a little closer to her before reaching his hand out. "I was studying a crab I managed to see when I was walking by."

"Oh," Chaeyoung was in awe at the tiny, specked creature roaming around in his hold. It was white adorned with black spots. His claws occasionally snapped open and close, amusing the blonde-haired beauty. "It's adorable!"

She's always been a nature lover ever since she was a little girl, and greatly appreciated the treasures Mother Earth had to offer; the luscious botanical gems, the wondrous hills and mountains, the beautiful water forms and the unique creatures that walked on the different surfaces Earth housed.

"This is actually an Atlantic Ghost Crab. By it's size, I can decipher that it's a male one." He uttered out of nowhere with a smile, "You know, unlike other crabs, they don't need to get into the water. They just use their miniature legs to dampen their gills and just go in if they need to lay eggs or something."

"Are you secretly the king of Atlantis?" Chaeyoung joked half-heartedly, her eyes still on the little crustacean on his palms.

"Uh— no." He flushed red at her remark. "It'd be more cooler to introduce myself if I was, but no. I'm actually a Marine Biology student."

"I can't see why that's not as cool," She giggled, "I personally think it's fun learning about oceanic life and whatnot."

"I'm Chaeyoung, by the way," She stretched out her hand.

"Namjoon." He said, shaking her outstretched hand with a grin.

He couldn't deny that she looked gorgeous as the yellow hue of the luminescent sun cast down onto her face. Her hair flew in the wind and she looked like a goddess as the sounds of the waves crashing ushered the background.

"Not really relevant, but I have a goldfish at home." She shared with a slight chuckle.

"They sleep with their eyes open," Namjoon blurted out again, "Goldfish, I mean."

"Plus they actually remember things from three months prior, that three second memory thing is actually just bogus." He added, crouching down to let the little crab crawl back onto the sand.

"Oh!" Chaeyoung exclaimed with a thoughtful look on her face, "I wonder if he still remembers me making fishy faces at him."

Namjoon chuckled. "I'm sure he does."

"Bummer." She smirked.

'I still don't why you had to share that,' Her conscience reprimanded, 'He's gonna think you're creepy and a weirdo.'

"Mind sharing some more fish facts you have up your sleeve?"

"I won't as long as it's over dinner." He smirked in return.

Chaeyoung faced him with a shocked expression. He didn't seem like the type to ask girls to dinner in such a smooth way. Then again, she only knew a few things about Namjoon.

"Sure."

***
thanks for reading, my rubies!
so, unlike my previous namrosé one-shot, this one was actually gonna be more light-hearted.
i hope you enjoy!
credits to chesapeakebay.com for all the information I used on Atlantic Ghost Crabs.
also, credits to petmd as well for all the information on goldfish i used.