F A T E D | LISKOOK

"oi! where are you going!?" a loud voice made lalisa halt in her steps.

with a terrified face and a dozen curses ready to catapult out of her mouth, she turned around to be face to face with none other than jeon jungkook. the dashing you man was bundled not in his usual high end uniform, but instead, in a black jumper and black joggers. his head was covered with the hood of his jacket, but lalisa could see the golden spectacles framing his eyes.

lalisa sighed out of relief. if it was just jungkook, it wasn't a big problem. the student body president has fallen countless of times for her dumb excuses. she wanted to attend a party? her excuse was practice for a swimming competition. needed to get out of detention? her excuse was a severe stomach ache that badly needed to be treated by the school physician.

"i'm just going out for a midnight stroll. that's all. no need to worry."

"lalisa, it's freezing and you're wearing a sequined dress— don't attempt to lie yourself out of this one."

shit. she's been caught. but that didn't mean she was going to give up. "i'm not lying. and what if i am wearing such a fabulous dress? just because we're in school, doesn't mean i can't dress fashionably, jungkook, and here i thought you were an advocate for marvelous apparel."

"i didn't find you to be a comedian, lalisa," he rolled his eyes, "now get back inside before the midnight patrol catches you."

attending a wealthy boarding school in the english countryside had its marvelous perks and horrendous misfortunes. for instance, the educational institution was very strict on allowing students out of the campus on weekdays. when it was the weekends, the supposed 8 pm curfew was moved two hours further into 10 (like that made anyone happier). they were also keen on what the students wore— the complete school uniform was composed of a royal blue blazer above a white blouse adorning the crest of the school on a pocket patch; for the males, a pair of black slacks paired with black shoes finished off the look, the females were required to wear knee-high wool socks and one-inch heeled black shoes.

if either one of those components were missing, a note would be sent to your dorm by the patrol officers. when you hit the third strike, you'd have to attend detention. they were also strict on study sessions participated in by their students. grades were very important to ensure that the alma mater's reputation would not be tarnished by underperforming pupils.

"just because you're president doesn't mean you can boss me around, jeon." she said matter-of-factly before turning on her heel and walking to one of the benches.

"is your mind hazy or are you just retarded? that's the point— i'm the president and i have the responsibility to secure that everyone is following the rules and regulations—"

"yada yada, you're too much of a goody two-shoes." lisa mocked. she yawned loudly and propped her elbows on the back board of her seat. "you know, you remind me of my father— headstrong, determined, but i never understood why he doesn't have a good sense of humor. maybe in his younger years, he did because he married my mother. and i should know; my mother is one hell of a comedian. so's my uncle—"

"where are you going with this?" jungkook asked. the tall brunet man wrapped his arms gruffly over each other. lisa could imagine one of those eyebrows rising upon her random anecdotes. after all, it was the same look he gave her every time she opened that bloody mouth of hers.

"nowhere; that's precisely where i'm going. so, go back to sleep, mr. president and let me have my midnight stroll."

"nope. not a chance."

lisa watched with wide eyes as the young man approached her with his hands outstretched, ready to personally escort her back to her sleeping quarters. she was so close to having a fit! she's had a rough week and jung-good-boy-kook was out here being his righteous self and preventing her from enjoying a night out with her girls.

the chivalrous gesture was left unnoticed as lalisa turned around and walked away from his frame. jungkook stood with his mouth agape. it was unnatural for students to resist the orders of the student body council, after all, they were selected as officers to represent the pupils of the school and to serve as disciplinary prefects. and he was doing this for his sake as well. if the teachers found out that a student left the campus after he was specifically told to be attentive of the whereabouts of his comrades, he'd be in big trouble.

"let's go back, lisa," he urged, like a man luring a cat.

"no."

"hey, what are you two doing there?!" a loud voice echoed through the tree-decorated sidewalk. jungkook immediately grabbed her hand and ran behind the canteen, hoping that they would be undetected while the patrol officer passed by.

"this is exactly why i told you to return to your dorm!" jungkook disciplined her in a hushed tone.

"well, we wouldn't have gotten caught if you didn't stop me from going out in the first place!" she argued back.

"so you admit you were attempting to escape!"

"no shit, sherlock," she rolled her eyes, "i—"

"well, well, well," park roseanne said as emerged from the corners along with park jimin. the two upperclassmen were pointing their flashlights at the escapees with victorious smirks on their faces— as if they've discovered lost treasure on a deserted island. "look who we caught on a midnight rendezvous."

suddenly, roseanne screeched in excitement. "just so you know, i totally ship you guys."

"i'm sorry— what?"

***
hello, everyone! it's been weeks since i've updated, and i deeply apologize for that. i can't promise regular updates, but i'll try my best to send out a story every week. thank you so much for all the votes, the reads and the comments. y'all just make my heart flutter.

- soo.