W H A T | LISKOOK + YEONJUN

"wait, so let me get this straight," the brunette folded her hands over the other, "you're supposed to be my mate?"

the raven-haired man across from her nodded his head as he skimmed through the pages of the ancient, tattered book. "that's what it says here."

"okay then." lisa shrugged her shoulders and took a sip from her teacup. she carefully put the ceramic material against her lips, making sure that her gloves and dress don't stain.

"hold on a minute," another man interrupted the adults's conversation. his blue hair glistened against the white lights of the café, "the both of you are completely okay with this?"

"yes." jungkook shrugged his shoulders and reached for his plate of cake. the chocolate concoction looked scrumptious as he ran his fork down the middle of the pastry. he immediately shoved the fork into his mouth, savoring the sweet mixture of cocoa with a hint of cherry.

"this whole set-up is completely agreeable?" yeonjun asked once more, to make sure he was hearing everything right.

"yes, yeonjun." lisa answered. she tossed her brown locks behind her back as she reprimanded jungkook for attempting to pilfer small bites from her own designated order of cupcakes.

the twenty year old was in disbelief. these two only met each other barely a week ago, and now they were discussing their plans for matrimony! the fatuousness of the situation was making his head hurt just from thinking on how this was wrong on numerous instances.

they were still strangers. the only thing they knew about each other was their names and their numbers. nothing more that could be concrete basis for a marriage that was supposed to last for a lifetime.

"why?" he couldn't help but ask.

jungkook swallowed before taking his cookies and cream milkshake. "it's customary; a tradition, if you will."

"and you're just going to trust each other just like that?"

"of course," it was lisa who answered this time. she, along with her partner, were too preoccupied with the dishes in front of them to spare him a glance, "there'll be consequences if we betray each other."

for the first time in his life, yeonjun was thankful he wasn't a vampire. truthfully, the deities blessed him when he was born as a mere human tasked to serve as a protector for the mythical world. he wouldn't need to get caught up in with the soulmate hullabaloo— he'd be a free spirit till the very last breath of his century long life.

"and if you don't get married, what'll happen?"

"we'll die." lisa answered nonchalantly. "i don't wanna yet. that make up kit i pre ordered online isn't going to arrive till the next month."

"hm. me too. i still have to go on that trip with my friends."

"no girls allowed, jungkook." lisa reminded with squinted eyes. suddenly, her grip on the fork in her hand tightened.

what the heck? it's been 10 minutes since they became an official couple, and lisa was already acting like a very territorial girlfriend.

"yes, mrs. jeon," jungkook grinned, "it's just me and my hyungs."

"how long are you gonna be away?"

"a few days."

"when do you leave?"

"uh, next week? i think."

"okay. don't forget to bring your sunblock and a hat. it's getting hotter these days. also, be sure to bring an extra set of clothes along with your initial luggage. you'll never know when an emergency strikes."

"uh huh. anything you want me to buy for you when i get back?"

"when you see something that reminds you of me, sure."

yeonjun clutched his heart with a pang of confusion. he was going completely berserk! they were talking like a couple who's been dating for years.

"yeonjun-ah, make sure to keep an eye on her for me okay?" jungkook requested, pointing his utensils towards the younger man.

yeonjun nodded absentmindedly, now they were making him a personal bodyguard? he never signed up for this.

when he accompanied lisa on this meeting, he expected it to be a normal, getting-to-know-each-other affair. apparently, vampires had a different concept of dating and skipped the familiarity phase and jumped right into the good old marriage part. he wouldn't be surprised if they returned with a blood-sucking baby in their arms when they arrived from their honeymoon (although yeonjun hoped they didn't— he was sure they would make him a baby sitter for the child).

"when's the wedding?" he was finally starting to understand the whole situation.

"oh, we're basically married. at least by prophecy."

oh yeonjun was sure he was going to faint.