Kill me...

Ammu rushed to the bathroom and splashed water over her face and  checked in the mirror, the water on her face turned red and dripped down to the wash basin. There was continuous bang on the door from Fuzhi asking her to open it, She cried and splashed more water expecting  the  bleeding to stop. With utmost fright she checked in the mirror again and saw her fair face, the blood has been washed away,it finally stopped.

Ammu sighed and came out of the washroom. Unknowingly her head lowered and not able to face Fuzhi. Fuzhi held her by arms and raised her face holding chin "what was that, Ammu... What's wrong with you .Speak out" His eyes wide and filled with fear....

Ammu : Fuzhi... It's.. Iam... (tears roll down her cheeks )

Fuzhi :  Ammu come let's not waste time, we need to go to hospital.....

Ammu : No need Fuzhi.... No use.....

Ammu told Fuzhi about her illness and said  she is in Stage IV of Leukemia.

Fuzhi remains silent out of shock and with moist eyes "Ammu... You are suffering all because of my negligence. If we had done further test as insisted by the doctor on that day we might have known it earlier, may be we could have got the chance to cure. Why did you marry second brother, it's him who denied doctor's request, he is responsible for this. (holds her forearms) why did you marry brother , why did you fell into his trap.

Ammu : Fuzhi, its not his fault. I was sick long back. If anything could have done do you think my grandpa would sit idle knowing my condition. There is nothing left to do..

Fuzhi : No, Ammu.... If he had been a good husband to you.. You would not have suffered this much. Ammu why didn't you understand it was his trap for you...You even without a second thought got married to him, see now what he had done to you.

Ammu : Fuzhi, how can we blame him.. Even I waited for you. I thought we are going to get married... (Fuzhi interrupts)

Fuzhi : Ammu, were you willing to marry me..

Ammu :(confused) why not, I trust you...I know you will not harm me. But you didn't made it, may be its my mistake too, I also didn't wait for you to wake up,..... How can we blame Lin when we didnt do our part.... Lin told me that you had asked him to help me, I believed that...

Fuzhi : Ammu, I did my best to hide the truth from brother, even Wei Chen was just a shadow to distract him, but as he always says he is my brother superior to me in all aspects, he knew it from the beginning  and followed me. Otherwise I would have made it and you would not have suffered this much... Iam. Sorry Ammu (hold her both palm and pressed to his chest)

Ammu : Fuzhi  I don't regret my decision, Do you know how much Lin loves me. He gave me the whole love I could get  in my entire lifespan. He changed for me... I always thought that he wouldn't  love me as much as I love him, but he proved me wrong, he loves me immensely Fuzhi.

I sometimes think whether Iam worth to be loved by him, I feel guilty that Iam betraying him... (sobs).... taking all his love only to  return sorrow and  loneliness . Fuzhi will he think I did it purposely to revenge him.... Will he mistake my love just to torture him... Iam scared to reveal my illness to him... So please don't blame him Fuzhi. I....I....can't tolerate anybody accusing him, be it  you, my grandpa  nobody.... Fuzhi.... Please stop blaming your brother.... He is not at fault.

Fuzhi : Ammu....Iam sorry if I hurt you.....

Ammu : Do me a favour Fuzhi , don't let Lin know about my illness, I can't see him worrying for me, I don't want him to know that I will leave him forever. Promise me Fuzhi that you will never let him know about this.