𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗦𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻

For a short, zero budget, film, The Splattering was a hit

For a short, zero budget, film, The Splattering was a hit. The theater filled rather quickly, the special effects not going unnoticed. Everything seemed great, Harvest didn't even mind the fact that her socks were itching her terribly. And then she found Gabe kept looking over his shoulder, every few seconds.

"Expecting someone?" she had to tease with a raise of her brows.

He forced a laugh, "Quick bathroom break."

"Oh, okay." she blinked, accepting the popcorn as he stood up and hurried off rather quick. Harvest looked over her shoulder as Kinsey gave a questionable look, only getting a shrug and a just as oblivious one back. Logan took notice of it, he took notice of all the time Gabe would randomly disappear and be gone for long periods of times before coming back with a rather lame excuse.

By the time the credits rolled around, Harvest waited to see her name credited for props, then stood with the rest. She was sure she'd find Gabe in the front, ready to tell him how he missed his big scene with Kinsey.

Only it seemed her sister and best friend were already laying it pretty thick on him.

"Hey." Harvest cut the tension short as she interrupted the trio, "Everything okay?"

"Just letting Gabe know what all he missed." Kinsey forced a quick smile, "The movie turned out pretty good, don't you think?"

"Yeah, Scots gonna do great things." the redhead hummed, still giving a odd look between them, "Ugh, mom."

"Mom?" Logan gapped at her sudden words.

"Mom." Harvest repeated, pointing behind him as Nina gave a grin toward Kinsey.

"You make me proud, kid, even when you're covered in blood." the woman smiled at Kinsey, tapping her chin before giving her a hug. Her thin finger dug at Harvest next, "And I happened to like seeing your name in splattered blood right there at the end."

"Stole the entire show." Harvest hummed with a half grin, adjusting the collar of her pant suit

"You must have gotten your acting chops from your dad. He took theater in high school." Duncan nodded toward Kinsey.

"He did?" she asked, Harvey noticed Gabe looked around. She knitted her eyebrows together, giving him a harsh gab in the side with her elbow in hopes of him telling her what's up.

He didn't.

"By the way, you're my new favorite monster, and I was wondering if you could kill me in the sequel." Bode looked up at Gabe with adoration and inspiration, his little lobster claw on his right hand.

"Yeah, we have to make that happen, buddy." Gabe looked down at him, Harvest cracking a grin at the pair. Then she felt a light kick the the back of her knees, making her stumble slightly.

"You and Gabe are coming to the after party, right?" Logan asked, coming from behind her after she turned to see who tapped her knees, "My dads are 100% going to murder me and paint the living room with my insides when they get home from their trip, but I think it'll be worth it."