Chapter Two

"Bode are you sure it just wasn't the neighbor?" Harvest sighed as the whole family headed to the well house after the youngest Locke came into the house yelling about someone being in there

"No! It was a girl! A real girl!" he explained up to his sister as they neared the place.

"The doors locked, do you have a key?" Nina asked as she looked back at Duncan who shook his head.

"Well I haven't seen it it years. There's no reason to go in there, the wells contaminated with sea water." Duncan said with a shake of his head as Harvest rubbed her hands together to keep the warmth.

"There's no one in here." Tyler sighed as he looked through that narrow bars.

"I-I heard a voice, I swear!" Bode explained in distress.

"Maybe you heard a echo." Kinsey suggested as Bode nodded quickly.

"Yeah that's what she said! She said she was my echo!" he explained loudly again, becoming comical now.

"Hey listen now bud, that not a safe place to play. The roof is old and it might collapse at any minute." Nina said to her youngest as she kneeled down to look at him.

"It's full of bats and tetness, if you go near it again i'll beat your ass." Tyler said to him with a eyebrow raise as Harvest slapped his shoulder.

"I know what I heard, i'm not lying! There's a girl in there!" Bode explained as Harvest sighed and nodded.

"We aren't saying you're lying, it's just been a long day. We were up early and it's getting later by the minute, sometimes when you're tired your ears and eyes play tricks on you." Harvest said to you youngest brother, giving him a forced her comforting smile.

"Sister is right, lets call it a night. Cmon." Nina huddled him along as the rest of the Lockes followed softly after.

"God please no." Harvest groaned as she heard her loud alarm going off the next morning. With a loud groan she pulled herself out of bed and bundled up before heading downstairs.

"Do we have to go? I mean can't we just miss this week? We just moved in!" Harvest explained with a pleading look as she walked down the stairs to see her three siblings and Mom in the kitchen.

"Already tried it." Kinsey said to her as the redhead sighed and sat down, giving her Mom a small smile as she slide a plate of eggs into her eyesight.

"I know a new school is hard, especially in high school but you'll do fine honey. Just smile and wave at everyone you see." Nina said to her second to youngest child, getting a look of disbelief in response.

"Sure, i'll smile and wave to everyone I see. Oh but if you get a call from the school make sure to ignore it, just be about how I got stabbed with pencils for being the creepy new girl." Harvest said sarcastically back to her Mom, getting a giggle from Bode.