𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐢𝐱

Ten books had sold by now

Ten books had sold by now. For the most part, it was doing good. Harvest began to think of a sequel in her head, planning on making the love struck teen in the first one turn out to be a monster all along. People would be shocked, taken back by that unexpected plot twist. They'd hate him, they should hate him. Or maybe they'd excuse his actions and romanticize toxic behavior, using the excuse they thought he was cool and had a good personality. As if they all wouldn't hate his guts if he was ugly.

Yeah, that's how it would go. Writing a sequel was a terrible idea, and she wished she'd never even began to strike the idea in the first place.

"You wanna hot chocolate?" Logan asked her a second later. "With baby marshmallows?"

Harvest looked to the large crowd. "Do you think you should go in there?"

Logan looked out, and he wasn't even sure he could handle this many people so quickly. "I should be okay."

She gave an uneasy look before fishing into the small bag she brought, pulling out a whistle. "Whistle if you need me to come save you."

Logan gave a half smile as he took it. "I notice you save me a little too much."

She gave a minor, barley there, smile with a shrug. "Guess i'm just good at it."

Logan gave a final smile. "I'll be back, with a hot chocolate, with baby marshmallows, and sprinkled candycan. I'll also write your big three on the side so i'll know it's yours."

"I forgot what mine were." she said honestly.

Logan huffed as he rose his hands in disbelief. "How many times have I told you? Sagittarius sun, Gemini Moon, and Capricorn rising."

He'd known all of their big threes. All except Gabe, who always said he did not believe in that sort of thing and refused to tell him his birthday. Another clue she completely missed.

"Never thought he'd leave." a new voice rung, causing her to drop the book in hand, having it fall to the ground. A familiar voice, a terrifying voice, one that made her want to run and hide, cry and scream.

"Gabe." Harvest spoke as she turned around to him. What to say? What to do? How to act? It all was a blur, frozen in place and looking at him.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you." he gave her a minor grin of apologizes, picking up her book and handing of back to her. "You feeling any better?"

It took a second for her to remember the excuse for her crying the night before. "Oh, yeah, yeah. I think the cake had some type of pumpkin in it and I was having an allergic reaction maybe. I don't know. But i'm better now."

"Well, at least I know I'm not the only one that nearly killed you with pumpkin." he joked, and she was suppose to laugh, but it wasn't a joke now. He had tried to kill her before, whose to say the pumpkin latte wasn't part of the plan the entire time. She didn't know, how could she? She didn't know what was real and what wasn't. "So, um, is Duncan doing any better? You never texted me."