𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗡𝗶𝗻𝗲𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻

"So, do you think you'll write a sequel?" Gabe asked, sitting across from Harvest after she slide the book over, "And I can't help but wonder who this Gabrielle character is

"So, do you think you'll write a sequel?" Gabe asked, sitting across from Harvest after she slide the book over, "And I can't help but wonder who this Gabrielle character is. Sounds like Heather really likes him."

"A sequel? Why would I write a sequel? Everything's normal now." Harvest said as he slide the book back over toward her, Harvest setting it in her lap.

Gabe shrugged, "Could make you good money."

Harvest cracked a grin, "I don't even know if i'll publish this one. I mean, it's not just my secret about the keys. Even if it seems fictional, still."

"Speaking of." Gabe took a sip of his drink, "Do you ever think of how the keys were made, where they came from?"

"I already told you my ancestors made them." Harvest shrugged, looking around for their food, "That's all we really know."

"I know, but maybe you inherited some sense of how to do it?" Gabe suggested as Harvest met his eye once again.

"Make the keys?" Harvest blinked his way, getting a nod, "Melting down metal and somehow mixing it all up with magical power doesn't really seem like my thing."

Gabe shrugged, "Maybe your dad mentioned something once, or.."

"No one said anything about the keys." Harvey shook her head, messing with her bracelet, "I mean, non of us knew we used them until Bode became a ghost and talked to Chamberlin."

Gabe gapped slightly, Harvest frowned her eyebrows, "Did you actually think I could make new keys? Obviously I would have done that by now if I could."

"No need to get defensive, I was just wondering." Gabe rose his hands in defense, "You know, your family has this special connection to magic. I just wanted to know more."

"Well, read my book and you'll know as much as I do." Harvest wiggled her eyebrows his way, "You could write a book about your family then give it to me."

"My family, they have a special connection to being really boring." Gabe laughed slightly, thanking the waitress as his food was laid before him.

"Well, what about Winterfest? Are they coming?" Harvey asked, attempting not to feel so awkward and pushy as she questioned him.

"No. They're not really the ice sculpture, sled, and snow maze kind of people." Gabe gave a shrug at her words, "Not every family can be magical , Harvey."

And she suddenly was back to square one, feeling like it was non of her business and Tyler was just getting into her head about knowing more about him.

"I mean, you feel like
you know me, don't you?" Harvest asked him from across the table, clearing her throat.

"Wait, it's, um... it's Harvest, right?" Gabe asked as the redhead cracked a grin.