Chapter Six

Harvest woke to the sound of loud music playing down stairs

Harvest woke to the sound of loud music playing down stairs. She sat up, quickly putting her journal into the nightstand before heading down stairs. The redhead took a double look when she saw her sister with a strike of pink hair dancing around the kitchen while making breakfast.

"Well look what the cat dragged in." Harvest said with a grin as she sat down at the table.

"Good morning! Think you could turn that off?" Nina asked as she entered the kitchen as Kinsey laughed.

"Sorry." Kinsey said with a smile as she quickly turned the speaker off.

"Woah, you look great. Is it weird that I think you look more like yourself when your hair is dyed a unnatural color?" Nina asked as Harvest sat back and watched the two interact.

"Well i'm actually starting to feel more like myself for the first time since we moved here." Kinsey said while pouring her Mom a glass of coffee.

"Did you meet up with Scot with one T?" Nina teased as Harvest whistled making Kinsey send her a look.

"No, but I decided to make some changes." Kinsey said as Tyler walked down and sat next to Harvest.

"Since when do you cook?" he asked her with frowned eyebrows.

"Shh, a alien might have taken over our sister." Harvest said as he cracked a grin toward her.

"Since today, I got a amazing night sleep. I woke up at like five ready to go, and this is the result." Kinsey said while pulling things off the shove and putting them on plates.

"Smells delicious." Nina added in as she sipped the cup of coffee.

"Have a seat." Kinsey added in as she brought the plates toward the table.

"Ugh bacon me please." Bode said in aw as he sat between Tyler and Harvest.

"Does this mean you picked a drawing for the application? That's fantastic, I can take it to the post office tomorrow morning." Nina said as she looked at the application sheet on the island.

"I've got it Mom." Kinsey said as she took it from her hands quickly.

"I really don't mind." Nina said, hoping Kinsey would just let her take it.

"I need it there by Tuesday and this kinda organizational stuff isn't really your thing." Kinsey said making Harvest send a glare to the back of her head at the rude choice of words.

"Oh I didn't realize that." their Mom said, trying to control the hurt look.

"Dad took care of these things because you were always busy with your art and fixing up houses, that's what you're great at. You don't have to try and do everything, it's cool." Kinsey said as she sat down while Nina sat there for a moment with a hurt look.

"Right, okay. Sure." the redhead woman said as she walked out of the kitchen with her coffee.

"Seriously Kinsey?" Harvest scolded her with a glare the second their Mom left to room.