Chapter Twelve

"Hey guys look, Harvey and I found the match key whispering to us outside

"Hey guys look, Harvey and I found the match key whispering to us outside. Sam must have dropped it." Bode explained as he dragged his older sister into Kinsey's room.

"What's that?" Harvest asked with frowned eyebrows, seeing as Tyler hid something behind his back the second the two walk in.

"Nothing." Tyler said to them quickly as Harvest raised one of her eyebrows at him.

"What's nothing behind your back?" Bode questioned, not believing it was nothing either.

"Come on we should all get ready for school." Kinsey said as she grabbed Bode as Tyler threw Harvest over his shoulder.

"Hey, I wanna see it." Bode complained as he got out of Kinsey's grip, also being picked up by Tyler a few seconds later.

"Both of you, out of here." Tyler said while pushing them out of the room.

"Kinsey is only eleven months older then I am, stop treating me like i'm another Bode." Harvest said with a glare, clearly annoyed with all of it.

"The only reason you know about the keys is because of me! Because I shared them with you, so stop shutting me out." Bode added in from the doorway, just as angry as his older sister.

"We're not shutting you out we're-" Kinsey began but was cut off.

"You're protecting me, yeah I know. But you can stop, i've gone through everything you have and so has Harvey! I'm not a stupid little kid anymore, Dad said I was very discerning for my age." Bode pointed out as his three older siblings gave a look of shock his way at the outburst.

"He did, huh?" Tyler asked with a eyebrow raise.

"Please, let us help." Bode begged softly while taking his sisters hand.

"How does this even make sense?" Harvest spoke minutes later after Tyler and Kinsey showed the two what they were hiding. It was a memory trapped inside what seemed to be a mason jar, a memory of their father hitting one of his close friends over the head multiple times with a bottle.

"It's okay to be upset."

"Memories aren't always accurate, they can be distorted."

"That's the guy that's staying at Elles house." Bode suddenly said as he got a closer look at the guy Randle was hitting.

"What? At Elles house?" Harvest asked in shock as she turned to Bode even more.

"You're saying you've seen Lucas?" Tyler asked as he kneeled down next to Bode now.

"Rufus said he was his cousin, there's something weird about him. I think Rufus is scared of him." Bode added as Kinsey and Harvest shared a wide eyed look.

"That's because he's Dodge." Kinsey said as Harvests eyes widened.

"Dodge can become more than one person? She can shape shift?" Harvest asked with wide eyes toward her older sister.