Chapter One

Harvest had her head rested on the middle seats head rest

Harvest had her head rested on the middle seats head rest. Her head was pounding from the long drive, the urge to smoke one of the cigarettes in her pocket was worse than she thought it would be. Being smooshed in the middle of her youngest brother and barely older sister was far what she imagined when they packed their bags, but Tyler picked a argument with her saying how he should get the front seat because he's the oldest.

"Let's play a game." Bodes voice cut in suddenly causing the red headed girl in the middle to jump slightly due to her falling in and out of sleep.

"Bode no." Kinsey's voice said quickly as she scribbled on her notepad.

"We could play I saw a monster." Bode offered as Harvest groaned and sat up better.

"The only monster I see is you." she said as he stuck his tongue out at her.

"Okay serious questions then. Serious question, if you had to lose one sense what would it be?" he asked his siblings and Mom.

"Right now my sense of hearing."Kinsey said in a mumble as she dropped her marker.

"It's a serious question, Kinsey." Bode said to her with a annoyed look as she raised her eyebrows his way while looking past her sister.

"Yeah, i'm serious." she added in as he rolled his eyes.

"Boring. What about you Harvest?" he asked while noticing his only red headed sibling falling back into a sleep.

"Harvey." he said loudly while elbowing her causing a small yelp to escape her lips.

"I don't know, maybe hearing since hearing aids exist." she said while crossing her arms that were covered in a jean jacket over her chest.

"But what if they weren't?" he asked, only getting ignored from his sister.

"Tyler? Tyler! Tyler!" Bode explained while kicking the front seat to try and get his oldest siblings attention.

"One more time, and Gi Joe losing a leg." Tyler spoke calmly yet annoyed as he yanked the headphones off his head.

"I think that's the first thing you've said since Ohio." Nina joked slightly as she smiled over at her oldest child.

"I said something in Ohio?" Tyler asked, trying to regain his memory.

"Yeah, you said 'Look we're in Ohio'." Nina said making Harvest snort from the back seat.

"Huh, I was right. I have a serious question, what would you be doing right now if we were still in Seattle?" Tyler asked while turning in his seat to look back at the three.