Chapter Thirteen

"You have to understand, I was doing what I thought was best for my son

"You have to understand, I was doing what I thought was best for my son. But i'm done being afraid. Lucas, the one that I knew was sweet, charming. Dodge, that was my nickname for him because he was on the fencing team. It's a little cheesy I know, but now that name means something completely different to me." Elle spoke to the Locke siblings that night as they sat in the living room.

"What happened to him?" Tyler questioned her.

"The night after graduation, we had a sleep over here in the basement. But Randle wanted to go down to the caves. A few weeks earlier we had found this door down there, your Father became obsessed with getting it open. And we all went because the keys had only brought good things into our lives." Elle spoke as she looked between them within each word.

"How do you remember anything? The keys, the magic, we thought after you become a adult you forget." Kinsey said to her from where she sat between Tyler and Harvest.

"We found a way to remember." Elle said as Tyler and Kinsey shared a look.

"How, Elle?" Harvest asked, less harsh and pushy then her sister asked moments before.

"After Randle open the black door there was this bright blue light, then these things shot out from the other side like bullets, glowing bullets. I saw one of them hit Lucas, Randle and Lucas managed to get the door closed again. And Lucas said he was fine and he did seem fine but later.... I think it's easier if I just show you." Elle said as her voice began to breath, clearly upset over the memory. She held up the head key before bringing it to the back of her neck, Elle was suddenly across the room and her body was limb in the chair.

"I'll never get use to that." Harvest mumbled as she rubbed her arms that had chill bumps.

"Rufus and Bode, you two stay here. Keep watch, we won't be long." Elle said to her son and Bode as the three older sibling hurried to Elle as they walked through her door.

"Was I the only one that didn't know we had a basement?" Harvest asked as the four began walking down the steps.

"Yeah, you were definitely the only one." Kinsey said to her as Harvest waved her off and trailed close behind Elle.

"We got back from the caves later that night, tried to get some sleep after opening the black door. And that's when it started with Lucas." Elle spoke as they got to the bottom, seeing their Dad and Elles friend group all asleep on the floor.

"Hand it over, I know you have it." Lucas demanded as he looked at Mark.

"Lucas?" a younger Elle asked as she sat up from her sleeping position.

"Give me the omega key." Lucas demanded as his voice got deeper looking at Mark.

"He's acting's crazy." Mark said as he looked to Elle as their other friends began to wake up.