𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞

Kinsey had managed to get the entire party to leave

Kinsey had managed to get the entire party to leave. Logan hid in the backyard until everyone was gone. He began to worry when Harvest said she'd meet him out there but never did. When Tyler stuck his head out of the door, calling out to him, the boy creeped from behind a tree. "He's gone?"

Tyler waved him in, Logan hurrying inside. "Is she-"

He stopped when he heard the cries from upstairs. She'd never been much of a cryer either, which made it so much harder to hear. He saw her cry when he almost died and the time they got trapped in the crave. His eyes traveled up the stairs, looking to Tyler. "Gabe did something to her?"

Tyler exhaled. "Scots got her right now. It's bad."

"What happened?" Logan gave an alarming look. He'd always known something was off about Gabe, he always knew he seemed so forced, so just there and so sketchy all the time. But what could be so bad to have Harvest Locke, the toughest person he'd ever known, sobbing like she was now.

"Dodge is Gabe." Tyler spoke. And that was something he didn't expect at all, not even in the slightest. "She found something, a memory in Eden's head. He isn't real."

The doorbell rung before anyone could move.

"Harvey!" Gabes voice rung from the other side.

"He shouldn't see you." Tyler turned to Logan quickly. "He tried to kill you once, he'll do it again."

It was clear he'd been angry, Gabe so close that he could lay a good punch into his nose, so badly did he want it. "Maybe it'll be worth it if I can just hit him again."

Tyler gave a knowing look. "Let me handle this."

Logan looked up the stairs again. "What do I do to fix this for her?"

Because in the long run, she was more important then hurting Gabe, no matter how badly he wanted to. How to fix her, how to make it less painful for her. Harvest. What could he do to help her? Keep her safe? Protect her? Make it all better?

"There's nothing any of us can do." Tyler's words made his heart sink. What was he if he couldn't fix something? She'd always been the one to help him, make him feel better. When his anxiety got bad after the accident, having the horrible nightmares, she'd taught him how to get a hold of it better, a way of not feeling so out of touch with his body. Now, when it was his turn to help her, he couldn't? How was it fair? How could he just sit here and let her hurt?

Logan went up the stairs. She wasn't crying anymore, clearly the knock at the door making her stop. The hallway was empty, he walked until he reached her room. End of the hallway, the only one with a balcony. Scot sat on her bed, her back facing them but her shoulders shook slightly. Red hair was sprawled out across the pillows, her black shirt almost blending in with the dark brown sheets.

"Harvey." Logan spoke softly as he walked into the room. Scot looked over when he saw him walk in. It was clear he'd been trying to help, staying with with her while Kinsey and Duncan were in the other room, Tyler down stairs with Gabe. Logan sat down behind her, pressing a hand into her shoulder softly. "Hey."