𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫

The party had started

Everyone was here. Everyone but Gabe. Harvest looked for him, staying near the window to look out every now and then, in search of the boy or his taxi, considering his truck was still in the shop. Logan was actually doing okay, all things considered. They hadn't invited anyone they didn't know, which was good because it would have been worse now. He kept checking on Harvest, giving a signature "Harveyyyy, come partyyy." But it was clear she was waiting for Gabe to show.

Kinsey and Scot had a plan of their own, following Eden up to her own room when she passed out. Harvest sighed when Gabe still hadn't shown, leaving the window and trying to enjoy her 16th birthday with her friends, with her best friends.

"Let's do the cake!" Abby grinned. Logan put an arm around Harvest as Dough rolled the cake in. Half of it was in Red frosting, the other in yellow, but the words Happy Birthday, Larvest was written across it in blue. The pair looked up oddly. "Because you have red hair, he has blonde hair, and you both have blue eyes. And we couldn't fit both names so we had to improvise."

Logan and Harvest shared an odd look but laughed together, letting their friends sing to them while Zadie lit the candles for them. When it came time to make a wish, she didn't wish for anything. What was there to wish for? What was better then this? With her friends, with Logan, things feeling some what okay between her and Gabe again. It felt good right now, too good to wish for.

Little did she know she'd hate not making that little wish, later on.

When the cake was cut, Harvey patted Logan on the back. "Got you something."

"To be fair, I forgot today was your birthday. Like, I knew it was our party, but I forgot it was actually today." Logan said honestly as they walked to the side a second.

"You forgot? You've asked me what my birthdays is a million times." Harvest laughed at him slightly.

"I was more focused on what time you were born." he said honestly, watching her pull a little box from her jean jacket pocket. "Proposal? This early on?"

"I hate you." she said, passing it to him. Logan opened it, staring down at the cigarette inside. "You have to unroll it."

He did, passing her the box and unrolling the fake cigarette. On the inside was a japanese symbol. His eyes met hers. "What does it mean?"

"Eternal." Harvest shrugged.

Logan grinned as he met her eye. "Eternal?"

"My nom affectionate way of saying I hope, you know, you and I can do the whole eternal thing." she shrugged with a small eye roll. "Like, you were the first person that actually wanted to be my friend, you know? I don't want us to ever not exist in the same atmosphere together."

A grin went across Logan's face. "That was the most brutal affectionate speech i've ever heard."

"Yeah?" the redhead laughed.