𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫

۫ ּ ִ ۫ ˑ ֗ 𓏲˖ 𑁍 ࣪ ִ ۫ ּ ִ ۫ ˑ ֗
࣪𓏲ּ ֶָ  ✩◿𝓒𝓢◸ 🂱 ࣪𓏲ּ ֶָ
CHAPTER THIRTY FOUR—
just a safety measure.

۫ ּ   ִ ۫   ˑ ֗ 𓏲˖ 𑁍 ࣪ ִ ۫ ּ   ִ ۫   ˑ ֗  ࣪𓏲ּ ֶָ  ✩◿𝓒𝓢◸ 🂱 ࣪𓏲ּ ֶָCHAPTER THIRTY FOUR—just a safety measure

"Jesus christ." Harvest stared at the photo Kinsey showed of a dead Eden at the bottom of the well. "Why didn't you get me for this?"

"You were convincing Tyler about calling the police." Kinsey shrugged as she shook her head. "I didn't want to give him another reason to poke around."

"You didn't...kill her, did you?" Doug looked to Kinsey with a slightly worried look on his face.

"Yeah, I think I would have mentioned that, Dough." Kinsey spoke in disbelief in his direction.

"Unless you were sleep walking." Logan pointed out as he leaned on the table. "Happens, you know? Said so on the First 48."

"That's not what happened." Kinsey shook her head, not noticing how her sister and her so called best friend hadn't made eye contact the entire time and stood on different sides of the table.

"Poor Eden." Zadie shook her head.

"So you think Gabe did it?" Abby stared at Kinsey with curious eyes.

"Gabe trying to commit murder? Nooo, could never be." Harvest shook her head with a sarcastic eye roll. "Not like it's happened before."

"Not like he did actually kill me or anything." Logan shrugged. "So not like him."

"Right? That's what i'm saying." Harvest agreed. They both were forced on how awkward it would be to not realize that things would always come natural for them.

"It's hard to say how long she's been down there." Kinsey shook her head as she looked to Abby.

"Should we call the cops?" Doug suggested.

"So, suddenly Keyhouse becomes a crime scene?" Zadie rose her eyebrows in his direction. "No one wants that, Dough."

"Yeah, imagine if they get hold of my books and read about Hailey brutally murdering Gavin." Harvest gave him a shake of her head. "Life behind bars for me once they piece together Gabes disappearance. Jail is not a place for a redhead."

"So what do we do with the body?" Abby looked up at Kinsey.

"We can't just leave her down there." the brunette shook her head.

"We can't? Think of it like a natural burial. People pay big money for that." Dough spoke quickly.

"In their well house?" Logan gave a gross look. "What happens if one of them falls over? Just getting some quality time with Eden for a bit?"

"Why would any of them fall over the well, Logan?" Dough gapped at him.

"Why would you ever roll down a bunch of stairs? Natural disasters happen!" his eyes got wider as he argued.