Chapter Eleven

Logan had stayed the night at the Lockes house

Logan had stayed the night at the Lockes house. Sleeping on a pallet on Harvest floor right now to her bedside, waiting until she fell asleep until he did himself. Kinsey took jealousy to it, not understanding how after she kissed him after the caves he had barely glanced in her direction when Harvest was around.

"You're still here?" Harvest asked with a gasp as she rolled over the next morning, seeing Logan reading a book in the corner of her room.

"You're quite the writer, is it a family thing?" he asked while flipping through the book she'd been writing about the keys.

"No, it's not." she said with a eyebrow raise as he sighed and gave it back to her.

"What are you planning on doing with that?" Logan asked as he sat down infront of her, watching as she flattered out her messy curls to look a little less insane.

"Nothing, I just need something to remind me in twenty years that this all happened." she said as he frowned his eyebrows.

"My Mom couldn't remember last time she witnessed the keys magic, I don't wanna end up like that and bring my kids here one day and put them through all of this." she said as he nodded his head, clearing his throat.

"Kids? You want kids?" he asked her, not expecting her to mention it.

"Why do you say it like that?" she asked him with a laugh as he sent her one back.

"Just didn't expect the Harvest Locke to be a big enough softy for kiddos, you always seemed like a lone wolf." he said as Harvest hummed with a grin, knowing he was right.

"You're partly right, just one kid I mean. Probably out in a big city, writing books and articles. Pretty unrealistic dream but worth a shot." Harvest said way with a shrug, her face flushing slightly from embarrassment.

"Unrealistic? Maybe, but for you? No way." Logan explained as Harvest smiled, the two staring at each other for a moment under a knock was heard and the door crept open.

"Gabe." Harvest smiled as she saw the familiar face look in with soft eyes and a bag.

"Hey you guys." Gabe greeted in a whispered voice, Logan stood up as Gabe walked in.

"I should ugh, go see Kinsey. I'll cheek on you before I leave." Logan said as Harvest nodded and watched him leave with a small sigh, focusing on Gabe as he walked over with a grin.

"I brought you Phil's, Ice cream, and a pack of cigarettes. Don't worry, they aren't the cheap ones." Gabe said with a smile as he handed her the bag.

"You're amazing, thank you." Harvest smiled while setting it to the side as he scooted closer to her.

"How are you holding up?" he asked as Harvest pushed some of the red locks out of her face with a shrug.

"Honestly? I have no clue. I should be fine but i'm really not." Harvest explained as she rubbed her dry face from the lack of daily moisturizer.