The First Battle

Link's POV

It was my first real battle. I had been training to become a Knight for a long time. And now I was finally let onto the battle field as Hyrule's first line of defense! I couldn't wait to tell my Sister and Father about this!

It was normal, I think. A large wave of monsters was attacking Hyrule Castle. I even killed a moblin! A moblin!!

But it all went south when I found that strange robot. It looked like a Gaurdian. Just knee-height, egg-shaped, and deactivated.

I was-of course-curious and went to check it out. But I was than distracted when a Sheikah woman ran into the courtyard and called for my help. I did the obvious thing-I went to help her. Not because I was a Knight, but because I was always one to help people. That's why I wanted to become a Knight.

Anyway, the woman had a herd of monsters on her heels and something obviously important in her hands. The Sheikah-who I later learned was named Impa-threw the device to me.

It was a strange tablet with the Sheikah eye on the back as well as other weird symbols. It turned on in mid-air.

I caught it without breaking my run. I had my sword out and was ready to take on those bokoblins when-

The ground shook beneath me. I almost lost my balance. Then-

A strange tower-looking thing erupted from the ground. Showering debri and monsters everywhere.

That's definitely one way to kill mutant pigs.

Impa came up to me and asked what that was. I didn't have an answer.

Suddenly I heard a beep/slash/whistle from behind me. I turned around to find the little Gaurdian, now very much alive. The Gaurdian didn't stay still long enough for me to decide if it was a threat or not of course, as it then promptly turned and ran off in the direction of Hyrule Castle.

I glanced at Impa and after a quick psychic conversation, we were in persuit of the little Gaurdian.

Which is how I found myself standing in the presence of Princess Zelda herself

Hi. Sorry for the short chapter! But this was more of a prologue than the actual story. I promise I'll make the chapters longer as I get to the climax of the story.