To Divine Beast Vah Ruta!

Time's POV

When we entered Zora's Domain, we did not expect to enter a battle.

"We need to get to the Divine Beasts!" Warriors shouted. He had smoothly shifted back into Captain mode. It gave me flashbacks of when I would watch him fight, taking down monsters without breaking a sweat and smoothly ordering his troops forward.

I'm pretty sure the transition has brought back flashbacks for Warriors as well. But I have a feeling they weren't ones of awe and adoration.

A Zora Captain ran up. "Sir! The way to Divine Beast Rudania has been blocked by a stream of lava!"

Warriors nodded. "In that case, we need to get to Mipha in Ruta. Hopefully she'll be capable of stemming that lava with her rain."

That's another reason why I had always looked up to Warriors and would go to him for help first: he was flexible. When faced with a problem, he always found a way around it to get to his ultimate goal. Wind had agreed with me.

We ran in the general direction of Vah Ruta. But we were quickly stopped by a pool of Malice. It wrapped around the edges of the lake Ruta was in.

"Aw shit." Wild said simply. I didn't scold her. That pretty much defined our lives perfectly up to this moment.

I couldn't count on two hands how many 'Aw shit' moments I've had during my first quest. Much less my second one, the War Across the Ages, this current quest, and now this second war.

I turned to Wild. "Champion, you're the most experienced out of all of us with Malice. How do we clear it?"

"Malice Eyes." Wild said. "Shooting them with an arrow would be enough to get rid of them. But I'm pretty sure there'll be more than one on a pool this big."

Warriors nodded. "Okay, look for and get rid of the Malice Eyes. I'm assuming we'll know them when we see them?"

Wild nodded. "They don't really know the definition of 'inconspicuous'."

"Okay." Warriors said. "Wild, you, and Time'll look for one, got it? Good. Next we'll have Sky and Hyrule, and finally Legend and me, okay?"

A chorus of agreement rose us. Warriors didn't seem to be in the mood to disagree either way.

"Then let's go."

Wild and I continued along the path with Sky and Hyrule. Legend and Warriors broke off for a path leading up and over.

We swiftly took a keep for our forces. The less monsters we have to encounter, the better in my opinion.

But we came to a boxed off area just off the path. We sent Sky and Hyrule ahead and entered.

A Malice Eye, glowing purple and orange stared out at us from within a pool.

Wild didn't waste any time in shooting a arrow at it.

The eye convulsed. Malice spewed out like blood where the arrow had punctured it. It consumed the arrow as it grew smaller then it exploded, Malice flying pitifully as the Malice pools disappeared.

"Yes!" I cheered too soon.

A black Moblin came in they way we did. It squealed and charged, wielding a pathetic spear.

Wild groaned as we dove to the sides. She backed up and nocked another arrow. I knew what she was doing, I just needed to give her time to aim at the constantly moving figure.

The Moblin charged again. I caught its spear with my sword and planted my feet in the ground. Keeping us from moving too much.

A whistle accompanied with a sickening crack! signaled the arrow flying through the air and into the Moblin's skull.