Astor

We Haven't Had Cal's POV In a While, Haven't We?

We regrouped with the others on the path leading up to the sanctum, the Malice pools had cleared.

"Everyone alright?" Destiny asked. A chorus of 'yes's and 'fine's came from the group, despite some having been injured. Revali even looked wary of Wind, I would love to know what the 14-year-old did that spooked Revali. But now's not the time.

Unfortunately.

There was a clanking of machine parts that drew our attention. Flora shivered.

"Guardians approaching from behind!" Destiny warned. "Everyone, take great care."

The archers (Four, Flora, Wild, and Destiny) looked around and picked up discarded half-empty quivers from the ground, but there weren't many available arrows around, so some would have to wait.

Arrows were nocked and weapons hefted as we waited for the Guardians to crest the hill. When the first one did, a red bead immediately formed on my chest. I lifted my shield simply. But before the Guardian fired, a spear went through its head.

Not just any spear. A Zora spear.

Zora came up behind the Guardians, leading them away from us. "We'll draw away the pesky Guardians!" Sidon called. "The rest of you, continue forward!"

"Sidon!" Mipha called out. "I must help my brother, we will regroup later on." Before I knew it, she had leaned forward and kissed me on the cheek.

I felt blood rise in my cheeks as she rushed off to join her brother.

Destiny coughed. "We must continue on." I nodded and fell into step behind her as we made our way up the path, looking for Astor and Ganon. I just hoped the red atmosphere would hide the blush in my cheeks.

"In there!" Warriors exclaimed, pointing at the first Gatehouse. That's where Astor's hiding?

"We can't all go in there!" Urbosa pointed out. "It's too small!"

We decided that Destiny, Impa, and I would go in there and the others would handle the Guardians that had eluded the Zora reinforcements, as well as help any cornered soldiers.

So, the three of us ran into the Gatehouse. The chain door closed behind us, cutting us off from escaping. The Prophet stood with his back to us.

"You... I will sever your thread, once and for all!"

"You can try." Impa huffed, shifting into a battle stance. I mimicked her, Zelda unsheathed her borrowed sword, light immediately beginning to coat it.

"Oh, I will." Astor said. He turned to face us as he stepped off to the side, revealing what was behind him.

A Hollow stood there, unresponsive. Astor snapped his fingers, and the Hollow snapped to attention, like a puppet on strings. I realized with a shock why it had seemed so familiar as I looked at its face. It was... Me.

"How fun would it be to watch the hero get killed by none other than himself?" Without warning, the Hollow unsheathed the mimic Master Sword and charged at me.

Startled, I raised my shield just in time.

If I had been an inch too late, the sword would've taken off my head. The Hollow was strong as it backed me up against the wall. Impa came flying in with her Kodachi, forcing the Hollow to release me.

"The Prophet's out of reach for now, we need to focus on the Hollow not killing us, though." Destiny said. "We'll figure out how to deal with Astor afterward."