Fireblight

Yunobo

Fireblight was just where Wars had said; outside and in the open.

Which meant that not only did we have to deal with the blight, but also random monsters and the occasional Guardian while fighting it.

The Blight still scares me even though I know that we can beat it, we did it once before.

It seemed angrier than before. It was nighttime in late autumn, and yet the very air felt like it was on fire, a different kind of heat from Death Mountain.

Death Mountain's heat feels protective, like it's driving off dangers that can't survive the heat. I mean, the lava is the main part why we survived the Guardian's assault.

But Fireblight's heat feels malevolent and angry. And all-consuming fire that doesn't care who it torches or what it engulfs.

Yet, Fireblight didn't learn any new moves. In that way, it was predictable.

Fireblight was slow, and Sky was fast, making him a key player in this fight, much more adept at getting around Fireblight's massive blade and dragging his sword through Fireblight's Malice.

The fact that it was the Master Sword made it much more effective.

But it only served to anger him more than anything.

The structures out here were all on fire, as well as a few Hyruleans unfortunate enough to get in Fireblight's way.

Warriors already had to stamp out a fire that had lit up his scarf. It was now safely stored in his pocket. Although last I saw it, the end was blackened.

Needless to say, Warriors was not happy.

Whenever we got a good hit on him in, Fireblight would bring up the fire shield eerily similar to Lord Daruk's and I's shields, and throw fireballs down on us from above as the Malice version of blood clots fill back up the craters in its torso, dripping Malice either falling on us, or burning up as it hits the shield, emitting a sound akin to an inhuman scream.

(Side note: how can a being made of a liquid substance have abs?)

It also had a large weapon.

Fireblight waved it around carelessly. Not caring about if it hit one of us, a monster on its team, or an on fire building that promptly crumbled into a glorified pile of ash at its touch.

Yeah, it was nowhere near this scary when we first fought it.

How did Link even fight this thing alone? I would be in awe if I wasn't trying not to get crushed or killed or both.

"Heads up!" Time yelled as he shot an arrow from his bow.

A glittering white projectile flew through the air, cooling down the atmosphere that almost seemed to glow red-hot as it hurtled toward Fireblight.

The ice arrow hit Fireblight in the shoulder. But it had been nothing but a fire arrow when it landed, annoying Fireblight even more.

"Well that helped." Legend's all-too-familiar sarcastic commentary entering the battlefield.

He and Hyrule had arrived.

The pink-haired hero held two elemental rods as he exchanged his fire rod for his ice rod.

"Glad to see you finally showed up to the party." Warriors sassed back, diving out of the way, tackling Hyrule as they dodged a fireball the size of a Goron.

"Fashionably late, I hope." Legend's voice strained as he swung the ice rod.

Icicles as sharp as daggers formed in the air that the ice rod had touched as they flew toward Fireblight as if launched from a cannon.