It Always Is

Time

The teleportation was as dizzy as ever as we rematerialized at the foot of the Great Plateau, where Kohga said the Calamity's army is (they're going for the resident Stronghold), but I think I was getting the hang of it.

Can't say the same for the Yiga, though.

They may be able to teleport themselves, but the second someone else does it, they keel like a lost puppy.

Thankfully the way onto the Plateau was still open and was wide enough that there wasn't very much issue with getting everyone on the Plateau. Why Purah didn't just teleport us to the top, I'll never know.

Monsters flooded the Plateau, throwing us immediately into a battle.

"Some troops are under attack in nearby outposts!" Zelda cried. "Everyone, onward to their rescue!"

Everyone split off into four groups. Four, Sky and I went off to save one Hylian Captain, all the way in the north.

We quickly dispatched the Silver Moblin terrorizing the division before helping the soliders, even parting with a red potion or two.

"We've lost contact with our other divisions." The Captain explained. "The Hyrulean army is in tatters."

"It seems everyone is confused and unable to grasp our situation." Impa said from my slate.

"Mmrgh..." Kohga complained. "I don't like not knowing things. Underlings, go snoop around and tell us what you find."

"You got it, boss!"

If anything, I admired the Yiga for their loyalty. They would jump off a cliff if Kohga asked them to, and it sort of reminded me of Wars' troops during the war.

The both of them were strong, respectable leaders.

That's why I always looked up to the blue-scarfed hero as a little kid. Although, I don't know if he recognized me yet...

We regrouped outside the entrance of the Plateau while waiting for the Yiga to come back with information.

"We're back with a report." The Yiga said, reappearing right in front of us, almost startling Wild into muscle memory.

"But the way to the temple is blocked." Legend argues. "There's no way through."

"We Yiga could hop right over the rubble..." Kohga sighed, rubbing his mask where his chin would be. Do they ever take them off? Either way, I imagine it must seem like a second skin to them, a much less literal analogy then what happens when I wear some of my masks. "But bringing people back over will be the hard part..."

"Aha! I know!" Purah said, startling me. I'd genuinely thought we'd left her at the Fort. She'd been practically non-existent the whole way here. "How about we activate the Shrine of Resurrection and use it as a travel gate?"

Even with my back turned, standing a few feet away, I could feel Wild stiffen up at the name of his old tomb.

"Steller!" Robbie said with just as much enthusiasm, ignoring the Hero of the Wild's visible discomfort. "We can approach the temple from another angle! And we can activate the shrine with this Guardian!"

The male Sheikah picked up the little Guardian as a sort of demonstration.

"Can you help us activate the shrine?" Destiny asked Kohga. "Since you are the only one capable of crossing over the rubble blocking the path?"

Kohga shifted uncomfortably. "I feel kinda queasy about helping a member of the Hyrulean Royal Family, but... sure. Yiga! Roll out!"

"Wait!" Impa reached out, stopping them just in time. "To activate the shrine, you must take this with you!" Impa said, taking the Guardian from where it had sat listlessly in Robbie's embrace.