The Gerudo Hallow

Zelda's POV

Hestu led us through the fog and through hordes of monsters that plagued his home.

When we reached the entrance to the main part of the forest, where the Great Deku Tree resides, it was blocked.

Some sort of... substance covered the path. It was a mix of magenta and black.

Twilight pulled Link back as he tried to test it.

"Don't." The hero of Twilight warned. "That's Malice. It's a dangerous substance created by Calamity Ganon. It burns, and enough of it, with enough time, can kill you."

We all took a step back from it.

Calamity Ganon. Those two words rang in my head.

This was definitely a sign that he was coming back, if the little robot wasn't.

"Let's split up." Warriors said, with a commanding air. Now it was easy to tell that he was a Captain. "Zelda, Link, Impa, and I will go west. Twilight, Time, Revali, and Mipha will go east. Urbosa, Legend, Four, and Wind will go northeast. And finally, Mipha, Sky, Hyrule, and Hestu will go northwest."

Everyone nodded before splitting off.

I again, made use of the Sheikah slate to defend myself from the monsters.

Something like a bow would have been more useful, but I'll work with what I got.

We searched desperately for the source of the malice. Hoping, that if we destroy it, we'll destroy the malice.

Finally, after what seemed like hours, we reached a clearing.

Warriors stepped protectively in front of me. His grip tightened on his sword as he looked around the clearing.

He definitely sensed something was off.

We crept silently and slowly into the center of the clearing.

Then, malice seemed to float like a cloud in front of us.

We all shifted into defensive stances.

The malice twisted as it formed a solid figure.

A... very... familiar figure...

Urbosa's hallow drew her sword and attacked.

Warriors rushed forward as fast as the Gerudo's imitation.

They met in the middle.

Warriors avoided the malice as he fought.

Link, Impa, and I circled them loosely, trapping the hallow in, and supporting Warriors.

This was his fight.

He fought like a monster. Hacking away at the hallow.

He matched the fake Gerudo, stride for stride. The hallow was every bit as fierce and fast and strong as the real Urbosa.

Warriors really showed his fighting skills.

He was swift and powerful, with a fighting style similar to the Gerudo.

Soon though, Warriors was covered in scratches and burns.

His clothes were ripped and his chainmail was showing.

The hallow seemed to be undamaged. It didn't bleed, and it didn't tire.

Warriors was starting to slow down. Sweat glistened on his forehead. His strikes were getting slower and weaker.

The hallow seemed to notice this and began to attack harder.

Link tried to get in, but couldn't find an opening.

Finally, Warriors gave the ending blow.

The malice disapparated.

Warriors gasped for breath when the fight was over.

Impa came and stood by him. That was a hard fight.

He was able to fight a Gerudo imitation. Not many people can compare to a regular Gerudo.

When he recovered, we left up to regroup at the entrance to the Korok Forest. To see what defeating that hallow did.