To Hyrule Castle (We Don't Get There Yet)

Legend's POV

The next day we left for Hyrule Castle. Zelda told Urbosa to take her time in getting ready before also heading for the castle.

She decided to go with us anyway.

I stumbled over a fallen log that was slippery from a past rain.

Twilight was alert in a distant way. I knew he was worried about Wild. We all were.

Although some of us don't want others to know we care.

I had defended his Zelda during the last fight because I know he wouldn't want anything bad to happen to her.

I kicked a rock off of the path.

My brothers and I were in low spirits because we thought Wild was going to be with Hyrule and Four.

The people from this time and dimension, didn't know Wild. Well, they know pre-calamity Wild. Not the gremlin we know and love.

It didn't help that we were traveling with Wild's pre-calamity self. It was really hard to tell that they are the same person. Well, personality-wise. They looked basically the same.

Suddenly, Twilight paused.

The rest of us stopped where we were.

The people who didn't know him looked at Twi in confusion. But the rest of us grabbed our sword hilt and scanned the area.

The others got the message and got ready for an attack.

A few tense seconds later, several bokoblins erupted out of the underbrush.

It didn't take long before we were on our way again.

Wind had sprained his ankle when a bokoblin pushed him and caused him to trip over a slippery rock.

Twilight was carrying him.

Warriors was in the lead along with Zelda, Impa, Urbosa, and Link.

He was surprisingly nimble with his long scarf.

Warriors was on the alert. He paused at every little noise that wasn't coming from our group.

He never put his sword away once.

I was just beginning to see the captain in him.

Zelda slowed down and came to walk beside me.

I raised an eyebrow.

"Why did you stay with me during the fight?" She asked. "You could've left. I didn't need protecting. But... you didn't. Why?"

I shrugged. "I have a friend who would kill if you got hurt."

"Kill who?" She asked.

I shrugged again. "Either whoever caused you pain, whoever was there but didn't help you, or Ganon." Zelda looked surprised. "Depends on his mood."

Zelda swallowed. "Your friend seems pleasant."

I smirked, thinking of Wild. "Oh he is. He's just very protective of his friends and family."

"Oh." Zelda looked down. "What's his name?"

"Wild." I said. "He's the Hero of the Wild. You don't know him yet." I looked at Link.

Yet. Wild is Link's self post-calamity. There's a difference between now and then.

Zelda looked back up. "Do think I'll be able to meet him?"

I looked away. "He left two months ago and we don't know where he is. Or if we'll see him again."

Zelda placed a hand on my shoulder. "I have a feeling that he's alright."

I smiled at her. "Wild may be a gremlin but your right. He can take care of himself."

Zelda nodded at me with a kind smile before returning to the front.

"Let's stop here." Warriors said loudly, the sun was starting to go down. He made his way over to me.

The knights began to set up camp where we were. We were in a nice little clearing. The rushing of water told me there was a river nearby.

This was a good place to set up camp.

Warriors sat down next to me. "I saw you talking to Flora."

"Don't get any ideas Captain." I said.

He smirked. "No ideas. Only facts. Wild would not be happy. That's his girlfriend."

I rolled my eyes. "Wild would be mad. But he's still very loyal. It's one of his faults."

Warriors looked confused. "Faults?"

"His loyalty is going to get him killed one day."

"Now that's true."

Another chapter done.

Some Flora and Legend bonding and protective Wild. Who doesn't think that Wild's Fatal Flaw is loyalty?

(A fatal flaw is like that one character trait that describes you best, but could also come back to haunt you.)