This Is the Longest Story I've Ever Written!

Twilight

We ran up to the castle, the air grew lighter and less infested with Malice as we drew closer.

Since the last time we were at the castle, Ganon had redecorated.

Now, Malice pools were around every corner, meaning we had to watch our step.

Monster and Guardian sentries manned the watchtowers and gatehouses, hidden around every corner.

Destiny stopped short, looking up at a point in the sky.

"Is that–" She started, most likely referring to the flying prophet.

He looked horrible in comparison to what he was before. His purple robes were tattered and torn, battered with blood and dirt and Malice, just barely holding on by a thread.

His eyes were sullen and sunken in, gleaming with the joy of a madman. Malice swirled around him, like a ghostly cloak of darkness.

"So," he droned. "here you all are...All of you despicable pests!"

Needless to say, we didn't take very kindly to that insult, preparing ourselves for a fight.

The devastated man drifted aside unnaturally, almost like he wasn't moving of his own free will.

Behind him, floated a tiny machine that seemed almost made out of Malice. Its circuits glowed pink and its shell was pitch black. Malice dripped out of the cracks in the shell. Its red eye, not hypnotic like the others, was fixed upon us with a realistic hatred and need to have us dead that was equaled by one being alone.

Ganon.

And he took the shape of the Little Guardian.

"But that looks just like–" Desi trailed off, turning to look at the Little Guardian, who whistled back its innocence.

A whirring sound emitted from the Dark Guardian. Its head lifted and little arms stretched out, becoming pale blue Guardian weapons.

But that wasn't it.

The excess Malice from the barrier was sucked into it as it grew and grew and grew. Until finally, it was a creature twice the height of Astor, a benign that was part Sheikah technology, part Malice and hatred, just as Wild always described him.

"I will crush you beneath my heel..." Astor said, a maniacal laughter reverberating throughout the path. "That is my fate." He thundered.

"Nothing's written in stone!"Time yelled defiantly. He should know, after all of his misadventures with time travel.

"But there are always things that you cannot avoid." Astor laughed, before he and the Ganon-possessed-Guardian vanished in a flurry of Malice, before the cloud splashed to the ground at our feet, causing the row of people in front to dance backward, watching their feet.

"The final battle is upon us!" Destiny said, flanked by Urbosa and Mipha. "We unite our power to a sharpened point and seal Calamity Ganon!"

A roar rose up from the collected.

"The ones from Fort Hateno seem to be lying in wait at the back of the castle..." Zelda mused. "We would be best suited to seek them out first." Urbosa advised, holding her scimitar, the remaining surface area of clean steel glowing in the moonlight, seemingly harmless and innocent after the Blood Moon.

The same moon that shined over her...

But now was no time to mourn lost friends.

"They disappeared in the direction of the first and second gatehouses!" A Gerudo warned, running up from the path. "Take caution, Lady Urbosa, I doubt these are any average prey."