Waterblight

Wild

My plan was simple.

Cause the cavern to cave in on top of Waterblight while leaving the rest of us unscathed.

Okay, so not as simple as I thought, but it's not the hardest thing in the world. The beams holding up the roof were already creaking and threatening to collapse, and my fire arrows melting Waterblight's ice and thus making it more humid certainly didn't hurt.

(Though I had no intention of burning down the castle, despite what Twilight thinks.)

I explained my plan to the others while dodging flying spears and maces and jumping over patches of ice. (Legend had slipped on one and just sat there for a minute. It would've been funny if it weren't for the angry Shard of Calamity Ganon currently gunning for our blood.)

"That's crazy!" Legend cried, rolling away from an attack and then coming back up with a burst from his fire rod. "There's no guarantee that he'll die! Or that the cavern won't collapse on us!"

"Do you want this fight to last any longer?" I shot back. As much as I loved fighting Waterblight as revenge for Mipha, we had to save our strength, and Hyrule's healing magic, til the final boss.

"Link does have a sensible plan, for once." Revali remarked. I glared at him as I shattered Waterblight's cryonis mace in midair.

Ice shards rained down on the ground.

"Thanks for the encouragement." I muttered to him. I sighed as Waterblight summoned another mace to replace the first.

"Lay off him." Urbosa sighed.

"I think it's a great idea." Mipha said, though she seemed rather weirded out at the sight of her own self fighting alongside future Sidon.

I don't blame her, I thought it was a little weird, myself.

"How do you suppose we do it?" Living–Mipha asked, throwing her spear at Waterblight. He dodged at the last second.

The spear missed its mark and clattered against the wall.

Living–Mipha huffed, rolling behind the monster, and picking up her fallen spear.

"That I haven't gotten around to, yet." I said, throwing a sizable rock at Waterblight, gaining its attention away from Sidon.

"Here's a tip: come up with the plan before offering it, genus!" Legend yelled back at me.

I wish he would stop yelling, this is a tight, enclosed space and his voice carries.

"If we deflect his spear in a way that it hits the ceiling, it may be enough to bring it down." Hyrule suggested, slashing at Waterblight's abdomen.

"But how do we do that?" Mipha asked.

I side-eyed Daruk, telling him to stand by. I didn't want to use the Champions, but in order for this to work, I may need his help.

At least Live-Daruk isn't here. That would complicate things even further.

Legend glared at me, knowing what I was thinking.

The spear was much too powerful with Waterblight behind it for us to parry it easily without the use of Daruk.

Which means we need to distract Mipha so she can't see the ghost of Daruk, which would concern her enough to tell Live-Daruk which would in turn, draw unwanted attention to me.

Not that it's ever wanted in the first place.

"Or we could stun him." Live-Mipha suggested. "Cause him to reel back, and maybe get the same results?"

"Maybe." I agreed.

"But it would still take a Goron force to knock it back." Sidon said begrudgingly. "This thing knows how to take a hit."

"Which brings us back to the parrying plan." Hyrule said, throwing a fire mimic of his sword at Waterblight.

The beast's icey exoskeleton hissed as it made contact with the opposite element.

Although, I think I preferred ice to a higher water level like when I first fought Waterblight. The swimming was just a pain.

Right now, Waterblight was melting. Its icey exoskeleton had almost completely melted off. Malice was dripping over the Shiekah tech holding it together.

At least, if anyone touches the Malice, it will be watered down and won't be as potent as pure Malice would.

But I can't deny that it won't hurt.

Waterblight hefted its spear and I felt like this battle had gone on for long enough.

I pushed myself in front of the spear and thrust my hands together. My vision became tinted red as I called upon Daruk's Protection.

I heard Daruk grunt, his voice and colors amplified a hundred times as he became visible to any normal person, not just Wind, Wolfie, and I.

Waterblight's spear flew up and cut through the rotting boards in the ceiling.

Legend fired a bomb arrow at the weakened boards, causing the roof to collapse inward on Waterblight.

"Yes!" I cried as pink light and splatters of Malice peeked out through the cracks and holes of the debris. "Now you can't say I never have good ideas!"

"Your plans do always work..." Legend said, walking up beside me. "But I cannot say how many of them have been sane."

"I'm sorry–" Mipha walked up, looking concerned if not scared. "Was that Daruk?"

"Not your Daruk, but yes." I said. "It was Daruk."

That didn't seem to help.

"I'll explain this to you when we're done." I hurried them all up the stairs. "At least that means I can use more abilities, considering I have to explain Daruk's Protection, at least. How comfortable are you with ghosts and what about your ghost?"

Mipha looked like a fish out of water (I mean... she is) as we left the docks to look for the others.

"There's three more Blights, as far as we know." Sidon said. "We should split up again."

"You and Mipha should go to Windblight." Legend said. "Considering the fact that you're both aquatic. Wild should go to Thunderblight, and 'Rulie and I'll go find Fireblight."

"We'll meet up sometime soon, hopefully." Hyrule said, confronting his map as he tried to find a way to get out: the only time I've ever really seen him consult a map.

"Good luck."