Flora

Zelda's POV

We watched from Hyrule Field as the Calamity gave a triumphant roar. It has control over Hyrule Castle and we could do nothing. We could do nothing against it.

I dropped the Sheikah slate as the little one whistled sadly. I heard it walked up to me and began whistling intently.

Impa picked up the Sheikah slate. Her face was full of horror when she looked up at me.

She showed me the screen. "The Divine Beasts... Ganon has..."

Pictures flashed across the Sheikah slate's screen. The Divine Beasts, covered in malice and glowing red. Signaling the death of their pilots and their new commander.

I gasped. My worst fears staring me in the face with a devilish grin.

I fell to my knees.

"I have... failed..." Wild knew this was going to happen to some extent if he was from the future. But he must not of known exactly. But he still hadn't made any move to prevent it.

I fell to my elbows and knees. Crying.

Impa crouched down beside me. Pitying me. But I don't deserve it. I let all this happen.

"All of Hyrule... my friends... even my own father... It's all my fault!" I cried.

"No it's not." I heard Sky whisper uselessly.

I dug into the earth with my bare hands. Getting them dirty and rough. But I could care less. "Why won't it awaken for me?!"

I was referring to my powers. The same ones who deemed me unworthy to wield them.

The little one began to sing. It was a familiar tune. One that I hadn't heard since mother died. Father would never sing it to me.

I stared down at my palm, caked with blood and tears and dirt. "Everything... Everything I've done..." I curled my hands into fists, letting my nails draw blood. "Ultimately... all of it was for naught!"

"I'm sorry." Wild said. "I know not to mess with time and I didn't know who to fix it without changing the outcome."

Tears ran down my face. Wild sounded just as powerless as I felt just then. There was nothing we could do. Thai is what the goddesses had wanted. But why?

A tear fell onto the little one's eye. A bright blue flash blinded everyone. But I kept my eyes open in amazement and wonder.

It gave a small tune before a beam of light shot straight up into the air. Then breaking into four and shooting across Hyrule.

Then the light was gone. I looked back down at the little Guardian.

"Look up!" Wind shouted, pointing.

I could see Vah Medoh flying in the distance. Malice trailed along behind it. The lights were flashing red and blue. A battle raging in or on it.

"Can we... still do this?" I asked in disbelief. I wondered who I was asking, but no one answered.

"All is not lost." Impa said soothingly, placing a hand on my shoulder. "We can still do something! Come on!"

I nodded and stood. I turned to the heroes and started to walk after Impa when another flash of light stopped me.

I turned back around.

A strange circle hung in the air. It glowed the Sheikah cyan and a small tune accompanied it's swirling lights.

A dark figure was coming through it.

I readied myself for battle, Link, Impa, and the heroes grinning their swords.

The figure landed gracefully in front of me.

Her head was bowed and she wore a torn red tunic over a navy undershirt with longer sleeves but the sleeves for both tunics we're bundled up around her elbows. She had on a pair of Hylian Trousers and boots made for traveling through the wilderness.

She had blonde hair cut just below her shoulders. The bottom inch or two were died a deep blue.

She looked up and I barely got to process the green eyes and battle scars before she was tackled by a blue blur.

"Flora!" Wild cried with pure joy.

Flora chuckled from underneath her boyfriend. "Can I get up?"

Wild scrambled off her a few seconds later, helping her up. Flora turned and looked me in the eye. I gasped at what I saw.

She had sea-foam green eyes that I knew perfectly seeing as they would stare back at me when ever I look at my reflection.

She looked exactly like me. Including that strange birthmark shaped like Nayru's symbol peeking out from around her neck.

Scars marred my doppelgänger's face.

Claw marks cut from above her right eyebrow and over her lips. Making her face looked haunted and evil when she smiled.

Her left ear was cut in half. The top part having been completely blown off. Numerous burn scars decorated her face, neck and arms. And, assumably, her torso and legs.

"Hi." Her voice sounded exactly like mine, just a little more hoarse than I remember. Like her vocal cords had been damaged. "My name is Zelda, but you can just call me Flora. The Links do."

Wild facepalmed.