The Aftermath (Though I isn't as bad as it sounds)

Link's POV

Me and Impa chased the egg Gaurdian (That's it's new nickname—Egg Gaurdian) to Hyrule Castle.

When we got there I didn't know why Egg Gaurdian wanted to go here. I mean it was obvious if it was evil. But it's eye glowed blue. I suspected that if it was evil, it's eye would not be the color of the Sheikah.

Over to the side the King was congratulating my fellow Knights on a job well done. I wished I was there. Relishing in the victory. Instead of chasing an egg.

Then Princess Zelda walked out of the castle. This was the first time I've ever seen her. She was-admittedly beautiful.

She had long blonde hair that cascaded down her back like a waterfall. Her eyes shone like sea foam. She wore her formal blue dress.

Zelda looked up and smiled once she saw Impa. "You made it!" She exclaimed. "I'm glad you're safe, Impa." I kneeled once the Princess joined us.

"Yes, your highness." Impa assured. "And I've received the Sheikah slate from Purah!"

So that's what that thing's called. I thought to myself. I had, or course heard of Purah. She was the director of the Ancient Tech Lab by my home; Hateno Village. The thought of my home then caused me to wonder about my Sister, Aryll. How has she been without her older brother? Dad had retired as a Knight to take care of her when Mom died. But I was her older brother. It was my job to worry about Aryll.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when-out of the corner of my eye-I saw Egg Gaurdian making a beeline for the Princess. I reacted instantly and sensibly. I grabbed the egg and lifted him above my head. Keeping a firm grip, even as Egg Gaurdian tried to twist around to face said Princess.

"Ah... what is that?" The Princess asked.

Impa looked at the Sheikah slate in her hands. "Hm? Your highness!" She cried to get Zelda's attention.

I could just barely see Impa holding the slate up to Egg Gaurdian. I couldn't see the other side. But... I could take a guess that it was reacting to the Gaurdian in some way. I don't know. No one tells me anything.

Later that day I was recruited by the king to be Princess Zelda's appointed Knight. I was surprised by that announcement that I didn't notice his explanation-something about profound bravery?-but nodded when he asked me if I wanted the position.

Wow. I have a lot to tell Aryll in my next letter.

Zelda informed me and Impa that we would be leaving tomorrow to go to the Royal Ancient Tech Lab. I guess I'll be sending that letter tonight then.

After I sent the letter, I lay in bed, staring up at the bottom of the bunk above me. I slept in the barracks with the other knights. They were my friends. They never looked down on me or made fun of me like the kids back home did. It was nice.

It was too loud to think. Both mentally and physically. Fred, Charlie, and Bobby were all snoring so loud it was a surprise Death Mountain wasn't shaking. Jonas, Juan, Isaac, and Caleb were talking in their sleep. Well, Jonas, Juan, and Isaac were. Caleb was singing.

And my head was still ringing from everything that had happened today.

I wasn't a real Knight for a day, before I got tasked with protecting Princess Zelda.

I was a bit much actually. I wasn't the best person to deal with pressure. Whenever I did feel pressure though. I went silent. Like, I'm normally a very talkative person. But whenever I feel pressure, I become a selective mute.

That was another thing the kids back home would tease me about.

All I knew now was that... tomorrow I go on the most important journey in my life.

One that would change it forever. (Ever, ever)