Sairen

Wild's POV

We got to Zora's Domain faster than anticipated.

We were on foot, like usual. We hadn't gotten access to the stables. And based on how they are like in my time, I'm pretty sure no horse survived either way.

Some of the knights suggested getting some wild horses but the idea was quickly shot down as they realized how poorly they would handle. Especially without a proper saddle and bridle.

But still, we crossed into the Lanayru wetlands sooner then I would've thought.

I was confused at first as the captain marched us straight into the wetlands.

They're infested with monsters! And there's a Guardian! It'll just waste our time.

But my complaint died in my throat as Goponga Villahe arose before us.

I found myself subconsciously reaching for Time as we approached. Our unofficial leader just squeezed my hand comfortingly in return.

Zora and Hylians and a different race filled the streets.

The third race were humanoid, like most other races. Gorons excluded to a degree. They varied greatly in size, like Hylians and unlike the other races. They had gills and patches of scales, making me realize that they were aquatic.

They didn't seem to need clothing like the Zora, but most opted to anyway. They were all graceful but had unblinking stares, with wide pupils and inhylian colors. Purple, red, and pink being some examples.

I didn't know what they were.

One of their kind, a female was singing in her native tongue, a male beside her strumming an instrument. Their song was beautiful and they had attracted a large cloud.

"What..." Hyrule asked, trying not to stare or seem rude.

The captain looked surprised. "Have you never met a Sairen before?"

"I can't say we have." Time shrugged.

She looked confused before realizing we weren't from this time and just smiled. "Well, they're a semi-aquatic species stemming from the Zora. They're pacifists and that's why they prefer to live with a different race in case they get attacked. They are beautiful singers and have the ability to fuse their legs into one, powerful tail while underwater."

Legend squirmed beside me. I narrowed my eyes at him but he refused to look at me.

"Interesting..." Warriors mused.

Anyway, the Hylians, Zora, and Sairen strolled the streets peacefully. Unaware of how in a separate time, this town gets flattened and a entire race ceases to exist.

I swallowed thickly and continued trudging forward, still squeezing Time's hand as an outlet.

I'm pretty sure it might've become unbearable, even from under the armor, but Time made no move to shake it off.

And I didn't let go. Not until we were far from the sights of the Sairen. A race I had failed to protect.

————-————————————————————

Sairen is Japanese for siren.

I was just wondering what I was going to do today, and then I went, 'oh shit. It's Saturday.' So I updated like usual.