The First Interesting Council Meeting

Destiny's POV

"We can't stay here forever! They need our help at the Citadel!"

"We can't leave without her either!"

I sighed. We were in the Zora war room. We had received word of an immediate attack on Akkala Citadel.

We've stayed here for three days, trying to get back on our feet and give Wild time to wake up. Twilight still hasn't left her side.

The battle was between Impa and seven heroes and one former Princess who would much rather go on their adventures again then leave Wild behind. And untimely Twilight as well.

I sighed, rubbing my temples. I was already getting a headache.

Everyone was shouting about whether or not to wait until Wild's awake, to just leave her, and how we'll get to Akkala Citadel either way.

Time slammed his fist down on the table. Everyone fell silent. His boys fastest, as one, they looked at him. Even the Captain who was used to making decisions like this, they all turned to Time, looking for his input.

His remaining eye burned with a fierce loyalty and a fatherly love I've never experienced. And right then, I knew that even if it meant letting all of Hyrule fall, he would never abandon Wild. Even in the caring arms of the Zora, he wouldn't allow it.

"We are not leaving Wild." Time said. His statement was practically whispered, and yet it banged in everyone's minds like he had shouted it at the top of his lungs. "No matter what, I will not allow her to be abandoned again."

Again?

"There's only so much we can speed up the body's natural healing process." Mipha said desolately. "Even of Hyrule and I and Wild's inner magic worked together, we wouldn't be able to do much."

Time's gaze softened. "I know, and I don't blame you. You're trying your best, and I respect that."

Flora stepped up. "It's just... Wild feels like a failure when it comes to how our Hyrule ended up. She feels like it's all her fault. So she would surely kill someone if she doesn't get a chance to redeem herself in her own eyes."

That was a good point...

"But even so," King Dorephan started. "How would we even get to the Citadel? Even if you climbed the cliffs, it would be roughly a day's time just to get out of the domain."

I sighed again. I hated feeling so useless in times like this.

I was the Princess! Shouldn't I be the one to make all the decisions? To not let others battle over a decision that's always rested on me?

Every word that passed everyone's lips were chasing each other around my head in a sick game of freeze tag. They lined up into a sentence I didn't want to speak, but know it's true.

"We won't be able to get there in time." Everything came to a screeching halt as everyone turned to face me. "Even without a unconscious passenger, we would only make it in time to light the fires."

"That's very optimistic, Princess." Four sighed. "If only we'd had Revali and Teba hang around a little longer."

"I just remembered." Mipha realized. "There's a cave in the East Reservoir leading out to sea. We could take them out and drop them off at Malin Bay."

"Perfect!" Sidon said. "It should only take a few hours to the bay and the better part of the day and night to get to the citadel, a few hours shorter on horseback!"

"So we have to go around Lake Akkala and the Torin Wetland and a road should take us up a safe break in the cliffs." Warriors deduced, consulting the map on the table.

"But what about Wild?" Sky asked. "I still don't feel comfortable about all the votes to leave her."

"You don't have to." A new voice came from the entrance of the room, startling everyone out of their seats.

Wild was awake. She was still in her clothes, but with her newly patched up Champion's Tunic, thanks to Flora and Legend.

Twilight was right beside her, as if expecting her to need his help. But she did not falter. She turned to look me dead in the eye.

A steely certainty that scared me worse than Calamity Ganon did.

She opened her mouth and spoke a simple sentence that shook everyone in the room.

"Hyrule falls with Akkala."

Bonus scene:

Time tackled her in a hug. Flora and the others not far behind.

"Waterblight tore my skirt." She complained weakly.