Thunderblight

Riju

We found Thunderlight in the dining room, standing over two destroyed tables that ran the length of the room. Rotting food sat on broken plates, or tumbled onto the floor. The carpet was sticky from spilled wine from once priceless goblets that were now cracked and covered in dust. Dead bodies of the kitchen staff were littered around the room. One even held a shattered wine bottle in her lax grip, the broken glass end glistening with black blood.

Four and I moved the bodies to a corner while Cal lugged the bigger pieces of broken furniture over.

I whispered a Gerudo blessing over the bodies, giving the one who had fought a special warrior's blessing as I wished them all safe travels to the afterlife and protection for their family and loved ones left behind.

It's so sad to see how far Ganon's cruelty went, as to killing innocent people. Of course, growing up after the Great Calamity, I knew how many people had suffered at his hands, but knowing is much different than seeing.

Thunderblight crackled with lightning, making it as dangerous to touch it as it had been last time we faced off, especially with our metal weapons. It would be in one place, then, in a flash of lightning, it would be on the other side of the room, making it similar to the Yiga, just with less potassium in its bloodstream (seriously, how have they not killed themselves yet?).

Flora and Four made good use of their bows, turning Thunderblight into an angry pincushion. But there was no way that they'd be able to take it down solely with their bows.

But there was no real way to fight it without getting ourselves electrocuted in the process.

Destiny had found a sword and it was laced lightly with her magic, but not enough that it would protect her from being electrocuted.

Cal's Master Sword is the only thing that can safely make contact with a being made so completely of electricity, but Thunderblight moved too quickly for Cal to land critical hits on it, it moved too fast.

"How'd you beat it last time?" Four shouted, rolling to avoid a crack of lightning.

"Dumb luck." Flore shouted, reaching back into her quiver. "Damn it! I'm out of ammo! How bout you, Four?"

"Almost out." He agreed.

Malice was dripping down Thunderblight from where the arrows had punctured him. Apart from that, it didn't look like he was fazed.

"What if Urbosa tried to take his lightning?" Destiny asked. We had already ruled out Urbosa's powers because we don't want to accidentally fuel Thunderblight. "Using her scimitar as a lightning rod?"

"Not a bad idea, Little Bird." Urbosa mused. "But you might have to defend me, I've never done this before."

"Of course." Desi said. "And this might not work, but we can't just count on Cal to battle Thunderblight."

"It's better than nothing." Impa said. "Why don't we give it a shot?"

Cal went with Urbosa, out of the way enough they won't get in the way. Thunderblight didn't seem to like this.

It seemed to grow suspicious and tried to chase after them, but was stopped when an arrow sprouted from its arm. Thunderblight turned to face Desi, who had her ancient bow out, and was already nocking another arrow. It was easier to see why Thunderblight had taken it seriously as the next arrow flew through the air, divine light spiraling around it as it pierced another part of Thunderblight.

Thunderblight roared, Malice streaming from the cut.

"You couldn't do this earlier?" Flora asked frantically as she tackled Desi out of the way of the raging Thunderblight.

"I was out of arrows!" Destiny protested. "Thanks, Four!"

Four nodded, now out of arrows, now brandishing his wooden bow like a sword. I don't think his bow would last for long, if he used it to strike Thunderblight. Nor would it do much good.

Thunderblight whizzed past Urbosa, who was holding out her scimitar like a lightning rod, and a branch of electricity arched off Thunderblight and onto the Scimitar of the Seven, igniting it in a yellow-green light.

But it was one arch of lightning, not enough to do what we wanted. Thunderblight didn't even seem to notice the action, swinging its scimitar at Impa, who dodged it and swept around to stab Thunderblight in the back.

But her kodachi was metal, causing Impa to get thrown across the room, leaving her kodachi embedded in Thunderblight. Impa stayed slumped against the wall, blood on the wall and staining her pearly white hair. She didn't move.

Destiny went to check on her immediately, dropping her ancient bow.

Thunderblight took this as an opening. It stopped pursuing Flora (who was parkouring over the broken furniture, trying to try it out) and charged at Destiny.

Cal left Urbosa's side (Urbosa almost broke her concentration as well) and tried to beat Thunderblight to Desi, but Thunderblight was too fast.

I saw something move out of the corner of my eye, and seconds later, Wild, wearing the Thunder Helm, dropped onto Thunderblight's shoulders, careful to only hang onto the Maliceless scrapped parts of Sheikah tech.

Thunderblight let out a shock that made me turn my eyes away, it was so bright. But, since Wild was wearing the Thunder Helm, it didn't affect him. The most he should be feeling is a dull buzz.

When that didn't work, Thunderblight tried racing around, trying to shake off Wild. But the hero held fast. The whole scene looked almost comical. Similar to a bucking bronco.

Wild somehow managed to unsheathe his sword, before driving it into Thunderblight's head.

The fiend cried out, as the lightning died out and Thunderblight dropped its shield and scimitar.

Anticipating what comes next, Wild jumped off and hid behind a piece of one of the overturned tables. I grabbed Four by the collar and yanked him behind another, Urbosa hid with Wild, Cal raised his shield, and Flora simply ducked out of the room, closing the already-rotting door behind her.

There was a bright pink flash and the smell of ozone flared dramatically right before Malice flew over our heads and against the table, causing us to scoot forward a bit. Wild's Malice-covered sword embedded itself in the table, spearing the space between Four and I. Impa's kodachi most likely flew elsewhere.

I snickered at Four's dumbfounded expression at the sword. His eyes flashed blue and he glared at me.

We stood up and took a look at the room.

The table we had been hiding against was now quickly dissolving, Wild's sword was probably eroding away as well, just at a slower pace.

Malice lined the walls and floor, making it even more of a challenge to get around the room. The others seemed fine. Wild had taken off the Thunder Helm, Urbosa looking at him suspiciously. Cal was shaking the Malice off his shield, Desi was safe as she finally roused Impa ("What'd I miss?). Flora peeked in through a new hole in a door with sizzling edges.

"Everyone alright?" I called.

Malice dripped from the ceiling.